Aftermarket RIMS - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2001, 20:25   #1 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

What are the best aftermarket rims out there? Whats your favorite set of wheels that you have or would buy if you had the $? Also what size would you buy?

Ill go first :): I always liked the TSW revos I think they look great on the Probe. Im kinda undecided between the Revos and the Enkei RS6s. I dont know...
I also like the ATP Flashes, or Flash Sports. They would go well with a lowered stock PGT.
I guess it all depends on the look your going for, the color of your car, the body kit you have, and the ride height.
Those are my 3 choices, eventually Ill pick up a set of 18s when my car is finished (which one gets the body kit is the big ? for now). For now I have 17" Primax 618s... They look good on the PGT but nothing special...
I use the PGT as daily driver and since I live in NYC I didnt wanna go 18... But the next set will be 18" for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2001, 20:55   #2 (permalink)

Well, I'm going with the sleeper look. Bigger the wheels, you lose more time at the track. But I'm thinking that I might powdercoat a set of 93-94PGT wheels. The color I want is gun metal black. Jason Taylor has a set of 18in MOMO's that look damn good on his 93PGT.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 21:01   #3 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Thumbs up

I agree Jason Taylor's black probe and MOMO rim combo is real nice (even though I never saw it in person). Last I heard he was considering a body kit... We gotta get him on here now :).
Old 02-27-2001, 21:04   #4 (permalink)

Well his asleep right now but I'll make a post over in the APOC club forum.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 10:50   #5 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

I have 17in Revo's on mine. I love those rims. There real easy to clean and care for. :)

Get the Revos
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 10:57   #6 (permalink)
Probe SE Member

I'm a fan of the Enkei Shoguns.
96 PSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 11:08   #7 (permalink)
Scamper

The bling bling's by Arelli:D
Old 02-28-2001, 14:05   #8 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Thumbs up

Yea the Revos are #1 on my list so far but at the end it will all come down to the look Im gonna go for. If its the yellow PGT than it will be a little more sportier, if the red one, than it will be a cleaner, classier, more elegant look, everything shaved, no stickers or badges or anything, just a black tint on the windows and a nice set of rims... Thanks for all that replied!
Old 02-28-2001, 17:02   #9 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

I think you should get what rims you like best. Go to that tire website that has that applet that let's you see the different rims on your car.

www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 19:26   #10 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

True, but Im not exactly sure which ones I like the most... The Revos are nice and proven to look great on the Probe (Your welcome :)), the Enkei RS6s would look nice on my red Probe with red center capps, and finally if I buy another PGT and would wanna keep it stockish looking than I would get the ATP Flashes and lower it to the ground... Yea I did give it a lot of thought :) (and i still havent made up my mind :()
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum