another issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 08:16   #1 (permalink)

another issue

great :) i don't know what the problem is, I have no dash lights/gauges won't light up no CEL. Radio doesn't turn on. I checked the fuses under the dash and no power to my engine fuse along with the radio fuse and no power to windows. Will crank but wont start. (it ran for about 2 weeks after installing the disy. Car was taken to emissions and they hooked up a obd2). told me to come back in a few months for it to "gather codes" really are you f***in with me?! I am not sure if when the hooked up the tester if it messed up how everything works. I installed the distributor and everything worked fine. Maybe an unlucky disy. any info would be greatly helpful thanks
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 09:30   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: another issue

Have you checked the fuses under the hood?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:47   #3 (permalink)

alright i replaced the 100 amp main fuse with a fresh one. okay here is the symptoms as of right now.... engine fuse is not getting power along with meter fuse. *fan is running when turn key and no Check engine light comes on. WHEN I jumped the relay with a jumper using the wiring diagram with two wires twisted together the car started up and runs. once i pulled the wires outta the relay area the car shut off and the fan kicked back on... the distributor was just replaced with a used working one. I am not sure but wouldn't that possibly indicate that the ignition switch is faulty? I did not check to see if the engine fuse was working but the windows started working again also once i jumped the relay. I am not sure but i think this information is a good clue to what is wrong with my issue. I have two Ignition relays one came with the car and one i got from a junk yard. :) let me know if you have heard of this similar problem. Maybe its a bad relay's. I just hope those wires arnt worn and crossing metal though :(
Old 08-06-2013, 13:37   #4 (permalink)

so yeah ignition switch was the problem one of the joints was burnt i think
Old 08-06-2013, 13:49   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Good to hear you got it solved , thanks for updating the forum .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum