Ford Forums banner

Aussie Probes

4K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  Homer 
#1 ·
Hi to all Aussie Probers. For any of you that don't know me, please email me at nephilim@netspace.net.au if you want to get together with other Aussie Probers.
Cheers.

#4 ·
Yeah it is. But, it was even cooler when we had voice chat in PT and we could talk to each other from one part of the world to the other. This was better for me cause I didn't have to type so much.:cool:

G
#5 ·
Stacy94PGT said:
Yeah it is. But, it was even cooler when we had voice chat in PT and we could talk to each other from one part of the world to the other. This was better for me cause I didn't have to type so much.:cool:
LOL Stacy get over it man. Im just happy my computer can keep up with my typing, I dont even dream of technology that could make it possible for me to voice chat... Im into cars, but I dont know much about computers...

On another note, welcome Steve, glad to have an Aussie on the probe forums. Just dont get sucked in by the crazyness of your fellow Aussie members... :p Try and grab that guy from PT that has that nice black FX Probe!

P.S.: By the way, your car is defective. They put the steering wheel on the wrong side... :D

#6 ·
Hey Steve - found you again on ANOTHER board. Hi all you US Probers.

Steve, you reckon you can track down the guy with the Black FX :D. Jerry mentioned this site to me last night so I thought I'd get onto it.

We're just 'CRAZY' here in Oz because there aren't too many of us to talk to.........imagine driving around in your Probe and NOT seeing ANY other Probes for a whole month!

We sure do stand out in the crowd.........

#8 ·
WAZZUP DUDES
Its great to see the probe community in action elswhere.

I remember those days with the voice chat stacey, they were really good times.
My son christopher(5) had lots of fun as well.

Nice to read your comments also tommy, cheers bro.

Steve and Craig, you guys are cool.

#9 ·
ProbeBandit said:

LOL Stacy get over it man. Im just happy my computer can keep up with my typing, I dont even dream of technology that could make it possible for me to voice chat
I'm not going to give up on this. PT would still have the voice chat, if some members hadn't gone on there and made complete fools out of them selves. I'm not going to name names. PT members from that time period "all of last summer" can probably guess who I'm talking about.

I'm glad to see more Aussie Probes on FF as well.:cool:

G
#11 ·
AussieFX said:
WAZZUP DUDES
Its great to see the probe community in action elswhere.

I remember those days with the voice chat stacey, they were really good times.
My son christopher(5) had lots of fun as well.

Nice to read your comments also tommy, cheers bro.

Steve and Craig, you guys are cool.
Hey thats HIM! Thats the guy I was talking about!!!! Damn you guys ARE GOOD!!!! :D Hehe

Welcome to the board man! We will need some pictures in ther Probe Members Rides now ;) :p :cool: !

LOL Stacy, good luck bro!

#14 ·
By the way... I envy you guys in some ways... you've got magazines publishing cool projects (like the CDI ignition kit I'm using for my direct-fire ignition project), AutoSpeed, Ray Hall, lotsa cool stuff that I find on the web comes from down-under. I wonder why that is.

#17 ·
killswitch said:
just a hello to all you us and aussie guys from a uk prober :D

and thanks to bob for lettin us have a uk forum on his board, we don't talk enough for probetalk or even this board i don't think.

anyways hi y'all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont see why you wouldn't have your club forum viewed anywhere you choose with the traffic you generate on that other site.

Its in bob's own interest to welcome clubs right now. Specifically to generate traffic on his BBS considering its at an infant stage.

#18 ·
AussieFX said:

I dont see why you wouldn't have your club forum viewed anywhere you choose with the traffic you generate on that other site.

Its in bob's own interest to welcome clubs right now. Specifically to generate traffic on his BBS considering its at an infant stage.
You UK guys REGULARLY have more posts than the AusPOC forum at aus-cartalk. It must have got very quiet at PT to lose your forum there. Your contributions have been a great boost for Bob. It's great to see such an active group.

As for the Aussie scene, I'm keen to promote EVERY Probe forum that I can find. Probetalk has a great following in Oz, and you're only a 'click' away from some fantastic technical information. Aus-Cartalk is good as a 'local' venue for us, but we do have a duplication of some information. I've also seen some excellent information here at FordForums and intend to keep an eye on the forums. This site seems to have some excellent 'unique' forums, and I've enjoyed looking through all the topics. I'm sure as more Aussies find it, it will get even busier - and it will be even more difficult to know where it is best to place posts....................time will tell.

#21 ·
QuadCam_GT said:
Im here...
I think the topic name 'Aussie Probes' may have put others off. I think I'll go and contribute to some other topics. Some of them seem to be busier.

This will probably be the first point of contact for new Oz Probers.

Thanks for the posts.....

#22 ·
Homer said:

This will probably be the first point of contact for new Oz Probers.

I hope so, I always enjoy talking to the people from downunder.:cool:

#23 ·
Stacy, I guess what I really meant was that this would be possibly the FIRST topic that was visited...........maybe looking for who else has been here. We're a pretty friendly lot, and usually start looking around for interesting posts.

I'll visit most days - coz I love talking Probes.........

We are getting ready for a NATIONAL meet in a months time. I'm sure that concept would blow your minds - with all the Probers in the US. Here, we'll be lucky to get 20 cars......:(

Many of us have not met before in person. Have a look at an Oz map. This will really only involve the Eastern States - and in particular New South Wales and Victoria. Have a look for a tiny 'blob' in New South Wales called Canberra - our capital. We'll be here - and it will probably be one of the biggest Aussie meets EVER.

I've attached a pic of my Probe for you guys. Forgive the light - it was a particularly overcast day. I haven't owned the car long enough to get some good sunny shots........

I know how much you guys like the 'clear' corner lights. At least you'll have an idea what my baby looks like.

#24 ·
Aaaarrrrgggghhh, it seems all the pics that I have with me at the moment are tooooo big......

I'll work something out tonight and put it up tomorrow.

#25 ·
Homer said:

You UK guys REGULARLY have more posts than the AusPOC forum at aus-cartalk. It must have got very quiet at PT to lose your forum there. Your contributions have been a great boost for Bob. It's great to see such an active group.

Sweet thanks :D I noticed that too, we had not many members when we tried Probetalk, but now we have lots more, we forced the move to aus-cartalk, hehe :D Well it was 100 squilion times better than the free one we had.

#26 ·
killswitch said:

Sweet thanks :D I noticed that too, we had not many members when we tried Probetalk, but now we have lots more, we forced the move to aus-cartalk, hehe :D Well it was 100 squilion times better than the free one we had.
Hey, Killswitch - just noticed in your sig - you're sporting the GT decals. I've got a set that I'm going to put on my Silver baby. Can you organise some nice clear 'close ups' for me so I can see the right location for the decals? I need some reference points - especially for the rear GT.......

I've got some REAL closeups that show only the decal. I really need to see the door edge or something..........I'm a perfectionist, and I've held off placing these till I know for sure.

Also, I placed a new topic in your forum.........you might be able to check that out for me as well. Am I pushing the friendship? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.