BAPOC needs to move over here full-time! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2001, 09:12   #1 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

mad BAPOC needs to move over here full-time!

yep, that's right, i said it.

sean, ya need to stop sweating the PT gods and just make the switch. dave is NOT going to close your forum just because dan posts links to FF in there. i have links in my sig and post links occasionally. nothing happens and will not happen.

so, with that said:

GET YER BUTTS OVER HERE!
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2001, 13:36   #2 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

I gotta say though

probetalk.com was there at the beginning...they have a lot of users and a lot of resources, and for us that do nothing all day but wait for a new posting it is a lot more active.

I dont know what kind of hoops sean has to jump through to keep it active...but I know a lot more of our new mebers have posted there. Also i cant have my member name of DrivesFordbadgedJapCrap, because this forum will not let you have more than a 5 letters in name. I will also say that this forum should change the sig to be somehting more like the ones capable at www.norcal-ls1.net froums. its cool to creative w/banners and what have you, and NEITHER of these forums allow that.

maybe in time this one will become as large and active...but in the expedition forum alone i was the last one to reply over 2 weekes ago.

Latly the classified ads can not even compare to whats available at probetalk.com

i was disapointed with the deleting of the sac forum from probetalk.com though, i cant imagine it was taking up that much room. Oh well thats my .02....still love ya though man...
Old 07-20-2001, 10:53   #3 (permalink)
Big Daddy

i guess right now for the newbies in the club we are going to be staying on both. .i don't mind either one.. this forum is much more laid back.. mellow.. very cool to talk to certain people.
Part of the Andy's Autosports BAPOC Design Crew

Evil in training..
FLARE!!! do you know where it is??
Old 07-30-2001, 16:46   #4 (permalink)
POC Mod/Probe GT Member

Probetalk has been there since just after I started in the club and so I will continue to support it. Ford Forums is a nice BB but since I am the President and Mod I am going to follow my people and where they choose to post is where I will.

Probetalk is having more and more problems with the database, but that's actually a good sign. Probetalk is so widely known and used that we are actually over-loading the server.

Supporting these Bulletin Boards is great and I have advertised Ford Forums to a bunch of Blue Oval friends myself. Puting www.fordforums.com in your PT sig is acceptable, but anything more or any advertising of www.fordforums.com with a link inside a post or a statement saying that one board is better than the other is not. I will try to stay on both boards as long as members wish to use both and I moderate as an extension of what the admins on the said board wishes me to do.

I am very disappointed at the way that Probetalk handled the SacProbes Forum, Ford Forums has warned of the same thing. So before you hold your Ford Forums to high and mighty remember that the SacProbes Forum was also warned that if it is not used then it will be removed(regardless of space, becuase we all know that an unused forum takes up no space).
http://www.bapoc.com
Old 07-30-2001, 16:59   #5 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

roll

um, the last time i checked, they use their forum more than you guys use yours. in fact, my club users theirs more than bapoc does.

as far as forums disappearing, i will not let that happen. they are the only avenues afforded to both my club and dan's right now, so they will not be going anywhere.
Old 07-30-2001, 19:51   #6 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Quote:
Originally posted by dmark101
um, the last time i checked, they use their forum more than you guys use yours. in fact, my club users theirs more than bapoc does.

as far as forums disappearing, i will not let that happen. they are the only avenues afforded to both my club and dan's right now, so they will not be going anywhere.

Um,Word

95 Probe GT - the 007 version - smooth and refined.
Old 07-30-2001, 21:26   #7 (permalink)
POC Mod/Probe GT Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dmark101

All that I'm saying that there was a valid threat made by an admin that if the forum wasn't used it would be removed, this sounds alot like Probetalk to me.
http://www.bapoc.com
Old 07-30-2001, 22:02   #8 (permalink)
Resident Genius

I can't remember such a threat being made...maybe it's my old age showing.

Additionally, my forum was removed from PT for political reasons, which is a far more bitter pill to swallow than the 'lack of usage' excuse they used.

Combined with the fact that 40% of the time I can't access PT (even with cable modem), I think I will slowly cease to post over there, because it just isn't worth it any more.

As far as the BAPOC section goes over there, you guys have made it through the rough times and survived - it's not like my support is needed there anymore (which is a good thing)....I need to focus in growing SacProbes, and it looks like I'll be doing it solo - but that's ok, at least I have a forum now :D

95 Probe GT - the 007 version - smooth and refined.
Old 07-31-2001, 07:50   #9 (permalink)
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
I need to focus in growing SacProbes, and it looks like I'll be doing it solo - but that's ok, at least I have a forum now :D [/B]
uhm.. i don't think you'll have to be doing anything solo.. you have enough support from all of us to help..
Part of the Andy's Autosports BAPOC Design Crew

Evil in training..
FLARE!!! do you know where it is??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum