Bazooka Tubes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Bazooka Tube a good idea for me?
Yes, go for it 2 20.00%
Yes, but get another brand 1 10.00%
No, they suck 2 20.00%
No, you should get something different 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2001, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Probe Member

Bazooka Tubes

Last week Circuit City had a big sale on Bazooka tubes (8AHL? 30watts, 8" woofer) for $80. I looked online and found specs for the 8AHL- HP which is 100watts, 8" woofer, and a remote bass controller for $200. Needless to say when I got to CC, I was pissed because of my raised expectations. That little tube wasn't at all loud and I knew it wouldn't be what I wanted. So, for those of you that have a better model, how do you like them? Is it worth the money?
I don't want everyone to hear my bass, but I'd like to feel it in the front seat, I don't want to spend a ton of money, and I don't want my set-up to take up a lot of space and be heavy. Is the tube what I should go with? Thanks for the info!
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2001, 10:48   #2 (permalink)
One Winged Angel

Maybe you wanna try something different. I have a JL Audio 10' in a rather small box. It's not the loudest thing you're going to hear, but it's enough to get noticed. I am more into the clarity of the music so I usually keep the bass kind of low.
"It's been said that everything in the universe is fundamentally composed of energy. What we think of as matter is really nothing more than a certain type of energy. And since energy cannot be created or destroyed but merely transferred, some speculate that living beings never truly die. Their life energy is simply returned to the universe in its simplest form." FFVII
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Glance91LX (TxPOC on FF moderator) has a bass tube...Sounds good, but you can't 'feel' the bass. IMO. Glance could prolly tell you different, but he won't be online till he gets another ISP.

I have 2 PPI 10s... ...and they work great. Bought them from a friend for $100.
Old 12-07-2001, 22:58   #4 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Location: Grand Blanc, MI (suburb of Flint home of the Crappy Buick Open)
Not a huge fan of Tubes really. I have heard some good ones and alot of horrible ones. For your purposes a nice Quality 10inch woofer in the appropriate enclosure for the sub and interior of your vehicle will do you much better. Boston Pro series 10 or Infinity Kappa Perfect 10 are good clean subs worth looking into. But you will be spending more than 80 dollars.

as for the tubes that are supposed to be the best - SAS Bazooka with the amplifier built-in. Just needs the proper wiring and it should be ready to go. But they usually cost a bit of money also.
boomermsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 23:05   #5 (permalink)

I'd give you the thumbs up on the higher model. I'm going to be getting the 10" for my wife's car. I think the best features about them are:

1) Space savings
2) Easily removable
3) Sound reasonably good

The sound is enough to add some kick to your music.. it's not going to vibrate the neighborhood which is good if you're sensitive to your neighbors' wishes.

And for a point of reference, I am by no means a tube junkie - my last 4 installs have all been custom, home-made boxes built to spec for some rather large & powerful speaker systems - that kinda stuff is the answer to what I want though, not the answer to what you want.

HTH.
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 09:19   #6 (permalink)
TxPoc Moderator

I don't have a bazooka tube model bass tube but what I do have kicks booty. Basicly what it is is a box but just in a round tubey forum. It has a 8inch punch XLC speaker hooked up to a 200watt amp. It's deffently loud enough for in car sounds and will shake your body with no problem. If you're looking for something to annoy everyone around you you'll have to go with something bigger than a singel 8. Hope everything works out!

~G~
Old 12-15-2001, 12:31   #7 (permalink)

Glance, I've been running something similar - only mine's a 15" Cerwin Vega in a homemade tube enclosure - with the box built to spec volume, the one speaker on a cheeseball (Jensen) amp @ 250 (bridged) watts is good for 124Db. I like the ease of moving the speaker in & out of the car in this enclosure, but it's bigger than it would need to be with newer speakers because my old paper cone DJ CV 15's require 3.5cft mounting volume, twice what most speakers need these days.
skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 07:47   #8 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Glance91LX
I don't have a bazooka tube model bass tube but what I do have kicks booty. Basicly what it is is a box but just in a round tubey forum. It has a 8inch punch XLC speaker hooked up to a 200watt amp. It's deffently loud enough for in car sounds and will shake your body with no problem. If you're looking for something to annoy everyone around you you'll have to go with something bigger than a singel 8. Hope everything works out!

~G~
So I'm annoying everyone outside of my car? You know my system sounds hella good.
Old 12-17-2001, 14:12   #9 (permalink)
Probe Owner

bazooka tubes.. :tdown: at least get some of those mtx subs circuit city has.. there not too bad..
whorebot=gone
jared r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 16:29   #10 (permalink)
3PT0Probe

If you want a tube, just buy a empty ported tube, maybe at least 10" for a nice kick and get a kicker, MTX, or JL packed in there. :tup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum