car not starting after all of these new parts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 15:07   #1 (permalink)

car not starting after all of these new parts

Ok so i changed the starter today and replaced all of the spark plugs and the car is still backfiring, worse than before. What the hell is going on now!? The only other thing thats comming to mind if the distributor cap? Then i changed the distributor cap and the car wont even start now. i matched the wires from the cyclinder to the distributor and two of them were wrong.. How the hell was i able to drive like that for 6 months? I switched them back but the car still isnt starting.. just cranking cranking cranking.. Since i bought the car ive put in a new battery, alternator, starter, air intake, spark plugs, and now a distributor cap. What the hell is going on!?
paparoach429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 20:51   #2 (permalink)
†Scourge†

Re: car not starting after all of these new parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparoach429 View Post
Ok so i changed the starter today and replaced all of the spark plugs and the car is still backfiring, worse than before. What the hell is going on now!? The only other thing thats comming to mind if the distributor cap? Then i changed the distributor cap and the car wont even start now. i matched the wires from the cyclinder to the distributor and two of them were wrong.. How the hell was i able to drive like that for 6 months? I switched them back but the car still isnt starting.. just cranking cranking cranking.. Since i bought the car ive put in a new battery, alternator, starter, air intake, spark plugs, and now a distributor cap. What the hell is going on!?
That sure is a headache. Your no-start problem probably isn't caused by your distributor cap, but occasionally, especially during wet weather, a faulty cap can keep your car from starting. Remove your distributor cap and check the inside for moisture. If there is even a drop or mist of water inside, wipe it out with a clean, dry cloth. Inspect the cap for cracks and replace it if necessary. Once its dry, though, it'll work.

But also check some parts too like:
  • Check the fuses
  • Battery Corrosion
  • Dead Battery
  • Bad Ignition Switch
  • Bad Starter Connection
  • Fuel Pump and Relay
  • Fuel Filter
  • Faulty Cold Start Valve
Good luck.
ndrewoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:51   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: car not starting after all of these new parts

I would check your firing order ( bearing in mind dist rotation ) from scratch and then also check timing .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum