In car TV ideas - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2001, 10:41   #1 (permalink)
A-Team Member

TOPIC: Im looking for an in-dash flip-up 6-7" tv w/ cd and dvd and all. I heard Clarion is good, a little pricy though, and alpine?

NOTE: the first 4 posts were under "My sinsei plan" and since we got a little off topic but into an interesting discussion, I wanted to give it a new start... So back to the topic now:

[Edited by ProbeBandit]

Kenwood makes one for $2420 which include the tv tuner

Clarion makes one for $1400 no tv tuner
ChargerGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2001, 12:39   #2 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

I think the Clarion is the best from what ive seen so far, and I can get a tv turner for an extra couple of hundred $. It still seems a little too much though, I mean if you think about what I could to with all that money if I invested in performance. Maybe Ill have to get creative and cut the center console to do a custom install... Only problem with that is that I wanted a flip-up monitor that goes back and looks like a cd player when cops pull me mover...
Old 03-15-2001, 12:58   #3 (permalink)
A-Team Member

Well someday I will be putting my computer in my car. I have a tv tuner card in it right now so i am already on my way. Though the 17" monitor needs not to come in my car. I need an affordable idea for what to do. Any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2001, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Just pick up a cheap monitor and a second center console, cut the console and install the monitor...
I posted a couple of pictures: http://discussions.fordforums.com/sh...p?threadid=782
Hope that helps!
Old 03-15-2001, 20:44   #5 (permalink)
A-Team Member

ah the ideas are flowing....thanx for the pictures man! A setup like those would rule.
Old 03-29-2001, 03:29   #6 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

I was thinking,
If your going to spend 2-3k on a indash monitor..
why not buy a laptop and take the monitor off....mount it somewhere....even put it on rails as a pop-up....run the data ribon back down the the stashed mainboard.
it would take some custom work but it would be an orginal and you would have /computer/games/dvd/mp3 player/and on board mapping and direction finder in one at about half the cost.....
you wouldnt need more than a 333mhz unless you want to do some serious gaming...and they wouldnt cost as much as any single peice mentioned above..
You could mount the touch pad on the consol somewhere to access your system pretty easily....
Just an idea....
Deadwalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 10:04   #7 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Who said I was gonna spend 2-3 g's? Anywho, whos got tvs in here now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum