Ford Forums banner

clicking noises in front 93gt

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bigt24v 
#1 ·
hey, i have a 93 probe gt, and resently it started making these clicking noises from the front drivers suspension area, mostly wile i go over bumps, and if i just push on that corner of the car. someone told me that it might be a ball joint, but i dont no, and if it is, how do i tell if its the upper or lower ball joint? please help me...

#2 ·
Could be a ball joint or it might be the CV axels. It's recommended that you replace the whole A-arm instead of replacing ball joints.

#3 ·
Would also suggest that the engine mounts be given the once over as the culprits.

#5 ·
bigt24v said:
does parking the car in 1st gear all the time make the cv axles go quicker, i heard that they do, i ask this because my e-brake part of my calipers r frozen up, so im forced to park in gear
That was a problem with the 93 and early 94 PGT's. The rear brake calipers would locked up. When I park in gear, I'll put in "R". The reverse gear is the tightest and less likely to jump out of gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.