Club GT - join if you are eligible - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2001, 21:30   #1 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Club GT - join if you are eligible

Boys and girls,

beginning November 1, 2001, a new club will be formed in the Sacramento Area for Probe/MX-6/MX-3/626/323 owners of all generations. Club GT to be exact.

There is only one requirement - that your car run faster than a 14.5 sec quarter mile.

This will be a no-nonsense, hardcore racer club. Horsepower, not hype. No limits on power adders (all are eligible). Very select, yes. This will be a dues-based club, with real benefits to its members, including sponsorships.

You have fourteen weeks to get your car ready. Details will be posted in about six to eight weeks of the club's structure, etc.

Suggestions/questions welcome.

See you at the finish line - I'll be waiting for you.

95 Probe GT - the 007 version - smooth and refined.
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2001, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Mazda MX6 Member

Fast and the Furious "I need N.O.S. and I need it now!" :-)

Greddy Exhaust, Custom CAI, K&N, Vitek Wires, NGK Plugs, Neon Green Hose Tech Kit, Neon Green Manifold and VC's, Pheno's, TSW 17" VX1 Rims, Low Profile Tires, Custom Switch Pannel, Black Lights, Pioneer Day Night Deck, and(Ready to be installed) NOS Kit 5122 and Walbro 255!! (Walbor's in...now it's TIME for the juice :D)

"Drive it like you stole it !"
Rdiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 09:39   #3 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Hehehe - that reminds me - no stickers unless they are from sponsors :D

Old 07-23-2001, 10:36   #4 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuner

Thumbs up hehe

Already posted on that OTHER site:) But, don't know what i'm running now, but will try to get there by NOV 1, 2001. I'm currently(in the next 2 weeks) installing a lightened flywheel, and a STS, and of course a 5 spd. Then it's off to sears point to check out my times, then i'll know how far I need to go to get 14 1/2. Lots of engine work to come, bore, up compression, P&P, hpc coatings!!!
Old 07-23-2001, 12:15   #5 (permalink)
Mazda MX6 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
Hehehe - that reminds me - no stickers unless they are from sponsors :D
By sponsor do you mean somethig we ACTUALLY have on our car or someone that is giving us money??

For example I have ACT clutch and ACT sticker on my car....dose it have to come off??

Greddy Exhaust, Custom CAI, K&N, Vitek Wires, NGK Plugs, Neon Green Hose Tech Kit, Neon Green Manifold and VC's, Pheno's, TSW 17" VX1 Rims, Low Profile Tires, Custom Switch Pannel, Black Lights, Pioneer Day Night Deck, and(Ready to be installed) NOS Kit 5122 and Walbro 255!! (Walbor's in...now it's TIME for the juice :D)

Old 07-23-2001, 12:18   #6 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Nah, what i was meaning is no stickers that only serve the purpose to rice the car out....a small ACT sticker is fine if you have the clutch :D

Old 07-23-2001, 12:29   #7 (permalink)
Mazda MX6 Member

I've never raced and I'm looking forward to trying for the first time in the next couple weeks!!!

With basic bolt ons:

-Hotshot CAI
-Test Pipe
-Borla CAT Back
-Pheno's
-ACT II (Not really a bolt on)

do you think the car (not my driving ability, but the car itself) is capable of running 14.5??

If not then what mods need to be done to get me there??

Old 07-23-2001, 12:34   #8 (permalink)
Resident Genius

What year is your car? What options do you have? (1 or 2 airbags, sunroof, ABS, power seat, etc).

The way your car is right now it should run 14.95 - 15.35, depending on the number of options and what tires you have.

You would need headers, a mild IM port, slicks and minor weight reduction (Spare/jack, rear seats) to get to a 14.5 - not too bad IMO.

Old 07-23-2001, 12:39   #9 (permalink)
Mazda MX6 Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
What year is your car? What options do you have? (1 or 2 airbags, sunroof, ABS, power seat, etc).

The way your car is right now it should run 14.95 - 15.35, depending on the number of options and what tires you have.

You would need headers, a mild IM port, slicks and minor weight reduction (Spare/jack, rear seats) to get to a 14.5 - not too bad IMO.
It's a 93 Mx-6 LS, 1 air bag, yes sunroof, yes ABS, power drivers seat, power everything, and a piece of crap, can't get it working A/C!! I have Z rated low profile tires

Old 07-23-2001, 22:33   #10 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Cool, we'll definitely see what it's capable of sometime - we'll schedule a SacProbes drag racing day in the near future.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum