Ford Forums banner

DYNO DAY SET - July 28, 2001

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Dan [Sac] 
#1 ·
PART I

Dyno Day will take place on Saturday, July 28, 2001 starting at 9:00 a.m. at Hot Rod Heaven up in the Sacramento Area.

Cost is $50 per car for 3 runs.

Wideband O2 sensor is $15.

Bring chairs/tables/BBQ supplies.

I will bring a BBQ grill.

Bring car wash supplies and a 100ft hose.

If you won't dyno, bring BBQ supplies.

I need a $20 deposit from those who will dyno. We need a minimum of 8 cars, maximum of 18. I will post a list of those CONFIRMED to dyno. Please no 'maybes' - if you don't know yet, just say no - it's easier for me.

THIS IS GOING TO ROCK!

PART II

Drive-in movie night - after the dyno, we'll have a few hours to kill 'till the drive in. We could go to the river, chill on the shores, then have dinner at the Elephant Bar.

For the movie, cost is $6 per person (not per car). I think "Kiss of the Dragon" (Jet Li) is our best bet. We always get a double-feature with the drive ins (2 movies for the price of 1). The theater is conveniently located RIGHT off the Fwy, so it's easy to get home.

Wow, I can't believe I am excited!

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm so disappointed....there's an event already and I can't make it :-(.....i work 2 jobs and could only get 1 of them off on 1 weeks notice :-( I wanted to meet some of you guys and see whatcha driving!! Oh well....hopefully soon....

Dan few questions:
1. Can you just buy the O2 sensor if you're not dynoing??
2. Do I need this O2 sensor....my cv boots are torn and I was advised on PT to replace the shaft and was told while I was doing this I would have great access to the O2 censor in the exhaust...is this the same O2 that is selling at dyno day for $15....are they all the same?? Probably dumb question, but I'm stilling learning (or atleast tryin)

Thanks

#5 ·
The O2 sensor is just a thing that they stick in your tailpipe to measure the content of oxygen in your exhaust gases. It is used to determine if your car is running lean (Too much air, not enough gas) or rich (too much gas, too little air) or in the stoichimetric range (acceptable mixture of gas/air). This is useful when tuning the car, especially in a car with a lot of power (Nitrous/turbo/supercharger).

This is separate from the O2 sensors that the car comes with - those are narrow-band sensors, that only measure the )2 content over a small RPM/content range.

As far as the half-shafts go, when you have the boots inspected (by a trusted mechanic) have them check the shafts as well - a lot of times the shafts are still good. If your boots have been torn for a while, then dirt may have gotte in and damaged the shafts somewhat - just have a good mechanic inspect them and he should tell you if they need replacement or not.

Don't worry if you can't make it now - just come with us to Monterey on August 18/19 for the California-wide meet - that will be a LARGE meet :)

Later!

#6 ·
Re: Re: DYNO DAY SET - July 28, 2001

Rdiggidy said:
I'm so disappointed....there's an event already and I can't make it :-(.....i work 2 jobs and could only get 1 of them off on 1 weeks notice :-( I wanted to meet some of you guys and see whatcha driving!! Oh well....hopefully soon....

Dan few questions:
1. Can you just buy the O2 sensor if you're not dynoing??
2. Do I need this O2 sensor....my cv boots are torn and I was advised on PT to replace the shaft and was told while I was doing this I would have great access to the O2 censor in the exhaust...is this the same O2 that is selling at dyno day for $15....are they all the same?? Probably dumb question, but I'm stilling learning (or atleast tryin)

Thanks

Don't worry you'll be abel to meet us all if you get to the CAPOC meet next month..

#12 ·
For sure..

Ditto that Dan, I;m definetly heading back soon. You cant beat Ralphs prices' or profesionalism. Considering his background in camero's and such I kept expexting to hear comments like "only 130 HP, why bother". Or "just a four, why waste your time" But none were to be found.

#13 ·
Yep, at least if he was thinking it he was courteous enough not to say it :D:D

He did say that most of his business comes form individuals and smaller car clubs, so he's keeping the grassroots racing scene healthy with that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.