FINALLY recieved RT converter in the mail:) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2001, 18:52   #1 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuner

Thumbs up FINALLY recieved RT converter in the mail:)

The quality is great on these things, I just recieved the random technology cat converter this evening and i'll be installing it tomorrow most likely. By the way I bought it from www.racesearch.com and used a coupon code "deal2" so with the stainless steel install kit(bolts, nuts, locking washers, gaskets) it came to about 180. Obviously don't know quite yet how it performs, but i'll know soon enough! Much smaller than stock and the honeycomb is tighter(smaller) I might put on the pacesetter catback while i'm @ it, but I like the sound of my exhaust so much now i'm not sure if I wan't to do it until I get another muffler for it. Laterz peeps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2001, 01:12   #2 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuning

Cool! Definitely fill us in on the performance and sound qualities.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 08:20   #3 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuner

Thumbs up

Well the butt dyno gave me some decent feedback. It seems to have a much smoother exhaust now! But I also found out in taking off the old one that it was mostly broken up... I can't really say how much of an hp increase I got from installing it because of my old converter having 66% of it's internals distroyed. So it's a little louder and deeper, more droning at freeway speeds, but managable. So the moral of the story is I like it:s5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum

Related Reading: FINALLY recieved RT converter in the mail:)