got several questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2001, 11:46   #1 (permalink)
NEPO / Probe LX Member

got several questions

ok im instlaling my keyless entry and i have it sorta working, but i need to some hwo splice into the power door lock cables, i figured since there is a plug on the cables so u can take the door off i coudl do it near there and its easy to get to, only problem is there is that rubber crap covering it up and i cant get it off, my chitons manual has nothign but a picture and well it dosnt really help much other than showing it can be taken off.

ok second question, this thing can make the parking lights flash when u lock/unlock the door, well i dont know were to even begin with this one

also how do i get hte damn shift nob off the shifter, or is it even possible? b/c i want to drill it and put in a button on top that coud later be used as somethign like a nos switch(though it would be just for looks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2001, 13:49   #2 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

About the power door locks, I have no idea.

About your parking lights flashing when lock and unlock the car, that should be in the installation manual. Or at least a vague idea of what you need to do. Seems as though you'll have to splice into the parking lights somewhere.

About the shift knob, if you have a manual, it should just come off by twisting it off. I don't know about putting a nitrous switch on the shifter however, what if you accidently hit the switch when you don't want it to be armed? I would put the switch somewhere where you cannot accidently hit it, but in a place where it's still easily accessable.

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 15:38   #3 (permalink)
TxPoc Moderator

B&M makes a bad ass hammer shifter with the button on the left side. Close enough to ingauge the juice easily without movement but far away enough to not hit it by mistake.It's 35bucks though...

~G~
Old 12-17-2001, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
NEPO / Probe LX Member

i dont have nitrous it would just be more for show, somethign to do with the switch since i dont give a crap about vallet feature or whatever its meant for
Old 12-18-2001, 13:21   #5 (permalink)
Probe Member

just untwist the knob its kinda stuck at first but after the first turn its really easy to unscrew also i see you are going for a look on the shifter like eleanor from gone in 60 seconds i say go for it
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum