Has anyone else heard of this ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2001, 20:57   #1 (permalink)

cool Has anyone else heard of this ?

Has enyone else heard of Satellite Radio ? I was watching this live on C-SPAN when they went "on air" last Tuesday. The sound that came through my stereo was unbeliveable, have my reciver hooked up to the TV. Does anybody know anything about this and how much it cost to have it put into ones car ? If, this is supposed to take over regular AM/ FM Radio. I'm all for it. :D :thumbup:

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2001, 14:02   #2 (permalink)
Probe Owner

:tdown: to XM or whatever they are calling it.

Another great technology that is going to get killed by the money hungry record industry. :roll:

You have to subscribe to it and pay a monthly free. I'll take MP3s over that anyday.
RITWalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 16:49   #3 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Yep, more services we used to get for free (with ads interspersed) that we will now pay for (with ads interspersed :( )

Sounds like a neat idea, but I don't need another monthly bill...
Old 10-02-2001, 08:16   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Satellite radio is coming and there are two main companies providing services. XM Radio Holdings (as mentioned) is one of them. The other is Sirius Satillite Radio. It's the mobile radio equivalent to cable TV or satillite TV. You'll have to pay a monthly fee, like $10-13, but you'll get a large number of stations of varied formats. You'll also be able to keep the same station across the country.

GM and Porsche are among XM's clients while Sirius will supply service to DaimlerChrysler, Ford, and BMW.

I'm not a fan of "another monthly payment" either, but that's the way the world is going. All of those bargain computers get you with monthly service charges to AOL or MSN. Cars will be similar with charges for satillite radio and OnStar (or similar systems) and mobile phones and navigation systems and....

Someone proposed to the auto industry (not too long ago) that they give away their cars in exchange for all of the monthly charges that will come with cars in the near future.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 13:04   #5 (permalink)

I don't mind a bill of 10-13$ per month to listen too talk or music radio. It would be worth it to me because I hate static, listen in to other stations around the country, and I'd just have another toy to play with.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 07:15   #6 (permalink)
Just some guy...

$10-13!! That 2 less trips I'll make to Starbuck's! :eek: :p :eek: :p
Old 10-06-2001, 21:41   #7 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Yeah, its just another toy. Im all for it. Hopefully they will come out with mobile cable tv soon, cuz since the antennas are gone from the top of the World Trade Center, Im only getting a few channels in the car. I had to buy a vcr... :rolleyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum

« What's Next?? | hi »