Have a fuel filter for a 1989 ford probe, can't find the fuel pump relay.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 20:24   #1 (permalink)

Have a fuel filter for a 1989 ford probe, can't find the fuel pump relay....

I have an 89 ford probe lx 2.2l (have a haynes manual) I've done all the work on this car myself since getting it back in june, but i've been meaning to change the fuel filter. Gas mileage is good, i just picked up a purolator, and it's been sitting in my house because i can't find the fuel pump relay that haynes manual talks about.

If i could just find this, so that i can "disconnect" it, i could get a new fuel filter on my probe. I have heard it's under the dash on the drivers side. I looked, and i removed a plastic piece, and saw some fuses, and some wires, but i had no idea which one was the fuel pump.

If anyone knows exactly what to do, could you walk me through it step by step. Haynes is a good manual, but they should have showed where the fuel pump relay is. Thanks guys.
dirtytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2006, 22:21   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: Have a fuel filter for a 1989 ford probe, can't find the fuel pump relay....

Don't know if this helps but the UK probe UKPOC - The United Kingdom Probe Owners Club - Ford Probe, Mazda MX-6 site says:
Q: Where is the fuel pump fuse/relay ?

A: The fuel pump relay is located in the fuse box under the bonnet... Its green and marked with the model FP02

Some models also have a red fuel pump cutout switch on the side of the boot.
Old 09-25-2006, 22:23   #3 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: Have a fuel filter for a 1989 ford probe, can't find the fuel pump relay....

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 91 Ford Probe LX says Where is the fuel pump relay on a 91 Ford Probe LX?
Inside the trunk on the left side. Look for the red button in the fender well area.
Old 09-25-2006, 22:25   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

AutomotiveTalk.net - List of Topics

My 91 Probe GT was tapped from behind and now it will not start. It will turn over but you can not hear the fuel pump kick on. I've reset the fuel pump shut off swith and that was not the problem. Where would the fuel pump relay switch be located and what does it look like?

posted by Candi at 12:57 pm Monday, January 24
the switch is located up under the dash you need to reach way in there should be about directly behind where your headlight high beam light comes on on the dash if not maybe a little lower it's a square shaped box and you'll need a phillips screwdriver!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:25   #5 (permalink)

thanks man, i'm gonna take a look into that last repy of yours, hopefully that's where it is. I appreciate it.
dirtytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 17:15   #6 (permalink)
89 probelx/ MTX system

ya the fuel pump relay is in the trunk it should tell you on the under neath side of the hood. i have a 89 probe lx 2.2 also and it is in the trunk, just left up the carpet and wood on the right side of the trunk and should be right next to the washer fluid for the rear window. it is hard to get to, but once you find it, it is bretty is after.
1alsom89probe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum