Help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 22:38   #1 (permalink)

Help!

I just ran a test to see why my check engine light keeps coming on, and there are 3 reasons:
Measuring Core-Volume Airflow sensor or circuit
Barometric Pressure Sensor
Heated Oxygen sensor or circuit
Where are these things located on my 95gt and how do I go about fixing them??
thanx for your help!
importluva95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2003, 09:27   #2 (permalink)

well first you open the hood and look underneath the cold air intake which sends cool air to your engine!!!!!Haha Hi baby i felt like being dumb!!!!! LUV YA
Old 08-20-2003, 20:49   #3 (permalink)

Re: Help!

Sorry for posting this so late, I've been very busy the last several days. O2 sensors = There are 2 of those, frist one is below your front header on the exhaust pipe "it'll look like a sparkplug end with a wire going into it" the 2nd one is located on the back exhaust pipe before the cataltic converter. You have to jack the car up to get to it. Also you'll have to use a sloted socket too unscrew it .
Your VAF is located just behind the air filter box where the pastic elbow coming from the intake manifold .

My next Ford.....

Last edited by Stacy94PGT; 08-20-2003 at 21:13.
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 23:31   #4 (permalink)

dude...you're my hero.. haha. thanx for all your help. i'm just learning these things and i'm tryin to make my probe run nicer than what it has been. And a lil faster too. Tho i was able to stay dead even wit my friends '88 S10 with a 305 in it. I was pleased with that. But I figure if I fix that O2 sensor that I might get better gas milage. You think that Air Flow sensor is showin up as messed up cuz I put an air filter on and took off that nasty box?
Old 08-22-2003, 08:58   #5 (permalink)

I don't think it's that. I've known people who's put on cold air intakes and the VAF continued to work properly. I think it's old and needs to be replaced.

My next Ford.....
Old 08-22-2003, 10:17   #6 (permalink)

Looks like I need to head off to the salvage yard see if I can't find somethin that works there. Won't be for a while tho...college moving day is tomorrow so ima be busy with that and then school starts. but i'll let ya know when I get it fixed or if I need any more help. I probably will since I know nothing.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:56   #7 (permalink)

Which school are you attending ? Yeah, there some things that I won't touch on the PGT. I'll take it to a shop depending on what's wrong with it.

My next Ford.....
Old 08-22-2003, 22:56   #8 (permalink)

Lock Haven University in PA. classes start on monday. yea simple tasks on any other car will take 5 hours on a Probe. Next friday im plannin on takin my car on the quarter mile drag. Just want to see what it's got. Are there any meets for probes comin up anytime? I'd like to go to one.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:23   #9 (permalink)

There's a big meet Nov.14-17 in Myrtle Beach,SC. Also, check out NEPO "North Eastern Probe Owners", it's a good size Probe organization. Several of it's members live in PA, or they use to...

My next Ford.....
Old 08-23-2003, 05:32   #10 (permalink)

The web site for that club is NEPO.mindcrash.net

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum