Help 97 ford probe GT, Cranks,No spark,No Start - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53   #1 (permalink)

Help 97 ford probe GT, Cranks,No spark,No Start

Hello, I am having trouble with my Probe its the v6 with mazda engine.
I had similar issues before and i was able to get it running again by disconnecting the battery and running jumper wires where the Igni Relay was. Another time it was a loose engine fuse under the driver's seat. Right now their is no spark at the plug wires, when i bought the car i changed the plugs,wires, and i just replaced the rotor (was burnt and the cap had mm of carbon deposts on the metals, no carbon tracking on the cap, button does depress (did not replace yet). I am not very mechanically inclined, I have taken a tech class for basic electronics and simple circuits. To be honest i dont remember if the rotor was put on correctly but from what it looks like the rotor only fits snug in one way. When the car would not start the last time a person that helped me get it started claimed it could be a bad starter switch. I also have had in a code for a saftey switch, This has fixed itself since this issue. The issue is I was driving and popped the clutch out at a green light and am again having a no start, no spark. The most recent time i have tried to crank the car over it seems to be cranking faster (could just be me). I have replaced most of the fuses in the car with better less corroded ones. ( i have also a spare ignition relay and both seem to be clicking properly. much feedback as possible i just lost my job and now car due to this issue please help if at all possible thanks
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 10:59   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help 97 ford probe GT, Cranks,No spark,No Start

I also forgot to mention that i also tried to pop start the car and have tried to jump it as well, Battery has 12.18 volts when car is off.

Last edited by elwood; 07-13-2013 at 11:11. Reason: editing
Old 07-13-2013, 15:26   #3 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Do you mean there's no spark at the plugs when it's cranking? Does the fuel pump run for a few seconds every time the key is turned to run?
Old 07-13-2013, 17:33   #4 (permalink)

Their is no spark at the plugs when cranking that is correct. I have not checked to hear the whirl sound i have tried to press the inertia switch. (Ill have to get back to you on if it is whirling or not)
Old 07-13-2013, 17:34   #5 (permalink)

all dash lights work ( just replaced window regulator) windows, door locks, power seats work, I also have power to fuses under the driver seat
Old 07-13-2013, 17:40   #6 (permalink)

I tried to pop start the car also but did not start... Battery has 12.8 volts , last time i checked the alternator was charging the battery, The car has also shut off on me at aprox 50 mph and did not start again ( the issue was resolved because of the loose engine fuse under dash though, is possible that its the same electrical problem though)
Old 07-13-2013, 21:00   #7 (permalink)

alright i did not hear anything from near the fuel pump... i tried to listen a few times
Old 07-13-2013, 21:57   #8 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Check to see if you're building pressure on the fuel rail, verify that you have power to the fuel pump relay. With age and oxidation, you have have more fuse issues than previously thought. Also verify your power control relay is functioning.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56   #9 (permalink)

where is the power control relay located. Is it the green box inside the engine compartment i cant seem to understand why the fuel pump is not running and their is no spark. Their two different issues is their a problem that would cause the no spark
Old 07-14-2013, 08:31   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Here are some helpful links. | Repair Guides | Distributorless Ignition System | General Information | AutoZone.com

| Repair Guides | Electronic Engine Controls | Camshaft Position Sensor | AutoZone.com
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum