Help Me!!! My Car Wont Start!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2001, 10:42   #1 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Help Me!!! My Car Wont Start!!!

Im sorry to put this in this forum but I MUST get on my way home in the next few hours and this gets the majority of the traffic.

My car has been sitting in the student parking lot for the past week. It has started easily and strong every time I have tried before and now it wont ****ing start. There is a new battery in there and it cranks over strongly but wont start. I tried resetting the fuel cutoff switch but no luck. I pretty sure gas is getting to the engine because after a bunch of cranks I smell gasoline. I pushed on all the plug wires to make sure they are snug and still no luck. HELP ME!!! I NEED TO GO HOME!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2001, 10:45   #2 (permalink)
302Outlaw

have you gone over any big puddles of water? what modifications do you have?
Old 12-10-2001, 10:50   #3 (permalink)

Have you tried looking at the vaf? Im not too familiar with the gt's. Im going to copy this into the gt forum for you, so you can get more exposure. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:00   #4 (permalink)

have you had any problems with your distributor?
Old 12-14-2001, 23:52   #5 (permalink)

Alright man i know what your talking about on the starting, it happen to me. You might have a stator/distibutor problem. I had it about 3 months ago. Let me tell you it isnt cheap. Luckly i have a warranty on my car. it went out on my car, but there just enough left on the part to start once and awhile and then die about 5 mins later and not start the rest of them day, and if it did my car smelled like total gas, I think it smelled this way because it burned out my fuel pump also. I took my car to ford and had the fuel pump fixed thinking that was it, the stator went bad. The stator part alone was 1,000 dollars and now my car runs really good. So that might be your problem your stator/distibutor has gone. but it could be something else that just what my problem was.
Good Luck
ProbeBaller94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum