Hmm... Listen up :P - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2002, 22:11   #1 (permalink)
Zycot

Hmm... Listen up :P

I like probes i had a 89 lx with digtal dash i felt like i was in knight rider it was black 2.
But heres the thing probes have NO potential. There SOHC.
You know if you want a car with potential theres a car Called a DSM (elispe,talon, laser) there 2 liter DOHC turbo motor and you can get them in AWD :).The First Gen. are cheap 2 and there insane fast compared to the probe :). But b4 you go dump money in a probe.Look at other options :). Cause there motor it selff has no potential compared to some other cars out there that are cheap.The dsm have one more exaust valve then the probe and you can boost them higher. they have the full body cars run in the 9's :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 04:27   #2 (permalink)
Mustang Member

*sigh*

You come into a Probe forum talking trash, do you really think anyones going to lsiten to you?
anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Just some guy...

Just another gutter mouth that's pissed off that a probe beat him. By the sound of it, he was beat by a 1st gen. He must of been driving a real crapper.

*waitingforfalloutfromfirstgen'rs*

:s6: :s6: :s6:
Old 02-22-2003, 02:53   #4 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Actually, he's right. All Probes first and second gen, stock - are slow. Yes it's true. They cannot hold up to the almighty power and handling of the DSM. Big deal. My RX7 has a rotary motor which makes those DSM motors look obsolete. Can a DSM gain around 60hp from a turbo-back exhaust (without raising the boost?), no? It sucks. Can you gain nearly 100hp through only an exhaust and a manual boost controller with your gargantuan 2l caveman piston motor? No? Your wasting your money. Mazda rules, Mazda makes Probes. Probes rule. Thank you come again.

edit: Oh and I find it funny that he is basing all of his comparisms with his Probe LX 2.2L, the SLOWEST of all Probes. Maybe had he drove a 3.0L, Turbo, or the 2.5L his opinion would change some.

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 02:35   #5 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Thumbs up

Well put Vulcan Power!!

The way I see it....I get the best of both worlds with my '93 PROBE GT. I get the FORD name which means quality to me(which is by the way "America's" favorite name when it comes to rides!) and MAZDA's inginuity (inventive skill or imagination; cleverness).
That rotory engine that came from MAZDA which Vulcan speaks of is enough said if you dont believe they have the inventive skill and cleverness!!
How many engines do you know of that can take 9,000 RPM's and not even flinch?? You try that with ANY 4 banger and you better put on your shoppin shoes b/c you're gonna need 'em to take your dumb*** to the parts store!!

Is this guy Zycot for real?

Just out of curiousity.....if someone is looking for power or potential from a car.....why would they glance at a SOHC 4 banger? And then to just push it over the top.....consider droppin cash into it?? LMAO
GhostRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 19:26   #6 (permalink)
eheidrich

Ghostrider, Are you saying I can gain 100 horsepower by adding catback exhaust and a manual turbo timer (boost controller) to my 89GT turbo probe? I bought a Pacesetter Monza exhaust which is 2/3/8 in. and was looking at the boost controllers but didn't know if they were worth it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum