How Can Fordforms Make This Area Grow - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2001, 00:17   #1 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

cool

Whats missing folks, why are so many going to Probe Talk and not hear. I don't care if this is not as big, but what am I missing that would attract a few more bodies? As you can see I have moved the Probe area to the top. Tell your PT buddies ;o) that we are flexible here, with in reason things can be changed to make the membership feel like they are a part of it, that they can make some changes!! I did some pokin around at PT and found that things are somewhat similar when it comes down to the nuts and bolts of it all. I feel this site does offer more bell and wistle features. I think in time it will come, the PT community has been around for some time, it going to be hard to match, but I will give it a run........
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2001, 09:03   #2 (permalink)

Tim, I can tell you why most don't come here. Most people on PT talk about imports more so than other Fords. PT has been a UBB for just over a year, FF two months. People are use to going there and getting information. It's a one stop source for your Probe, MX-6, and 626 needs .

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 21:36   #3 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Tim, its not gonna happen overnight. We were all used to going to PT, and all the information we needed was on the site. Lot of people, it was always fresh, you could always find what you were looking for. Plus the main people on PT know each other from meets, and from local clubs. I dont know if you noticed that the probers are relatively younger than the rest of you, Im only 20 myself, so the majoriity on PT is kids that dont care about Fords. They only bought their Probe cuz they liked how it looked.
This place is a little different. Theres a lot more diversity here, different models, different age groups... Do you really want to turn the probe section into ProbeTalk 2?
FF is doing great so far in my opinion. Lets not try to become PT2 on the Probe forums, lets keep it unique, keep it different. There are a lot of things that I like better here, but PT has its advantages too. I think the membership will continue to grow here, and eventually everyone will come over and check FF out.
As soon as the weather gets better the interest will rise as well once everyone gets out and starts to play with their cars again. This is kind of a dead season.
But the main point is I dont think you need to compete with ProbeTalk, cuz this board is different. Dont orry though, I think the probers are coming just give them some time...
Old 03-22-2001, 07:50   #4 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

I understand, it will take time...Just ride it out so to speak...
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 01:05   #5 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Yeah...all it takes is time. Besides, I see you already have the Goat here, so things will pick up rather quickly:D

And now that i'm here....well...nothing is gonna change, but i'm here nonetheless :)
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 11:39   #6 (permalink)
I want a Turbo. GIMMIE!!

Yea the goat is here. :) I've had a busy past 2 weeks, but should be able to spread my joy all over this forum now. :D
Old 03-29-2001, 13:18   #7 (permalink)
Grand Muckety Muck

Quote:
Originally posted by supergoat
Yea the goat is here. :) I've had a busy past 2 weeks, but should be able to spread my "stuff" all over this forum now. :D
ewww....time to break out the poncho.
Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 16:24   #8 (permalink)
Mr. ATX Pimp - Mod.

oh no, is goat spraying again......

Just get PT to move over here....hehe
QuadCam_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 11:52   #9 (permalink)

Well at least I came over with the cucumber lady. I MAKE this site complete. :D :D :D

Seriously now. People are comfortable with PT. It's really hard to get someone who's now set in their ways to change over to a different board.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 22:33   #10 (permalink)
Scamper

Maybe a chat room will spice things up a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum