Ford Forums banner

lazy eye headlight problems

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
my headlights work
the motors work to open and close my lazy eyes

i put the headlights on-- a minute or two later, they start opening and closing by themselves.
sometimes it's only one that does it, usually both. they just continuously open and close.
any suggestions??

any way i can get them to stay open by unplugging something??

#4 ·
thanks for the replies. i ended up unclipping the housings from the motors for now until i fix it. i think it could be an alarm short too. the way they alternate opening and closing looks like the way they would if the alarm was going off. the kid who had the car before me did all of the wiring himself, and i'm sure he wasn't a professional electrician by looking at his aftermath. he's got a screwed up wires from the sound system still in there, the alarm was after market and he installed it himself. he's got shorted out wires from the fog light switch and neon lights and crap.

i'm just taking the car to a pro to strip all of electrical stuff that wasn't stock, and make sure nothing else is going to short out from his work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.