Ford Forums banner

Might be joining the ranks of the boosted.

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mazdamx6pwr.co 
#1 ·
So I found a cheap 89 GT. Only has 2 probs. 1 - Blown head gasket. 2 - Blown radiator.

What should I look for as far as problems?

What does a stock PGT dyno at?

#3 ·
The stock HP is 145. But it's torque makes it feel like more. That engine can take a lot of abuse. When you rebuild it check for a cracked block. If the head gasket blew the shock from the cold coolant may have damaged the block.
You sould have lots of fun with this car. :s6:

#5 ·
Rebuild my ass! I'm replacing the gasket and radiator then taking that sucker to the dealer to see what else is wrong.

Yes I said dealer. I'm gonna get the Probe very cheap and will be able to afford the butt raping prices.:s6:

G
#7 ·
it's about time you consider the 1st gen gt :) i was expecting you to get one back when you lost your 2nd gen :( trust me you will enjoy driving that car. although stock hp is only rated at 145, it packs alot of torque (190lb-ft). it is so easy and cheap to make it even faster. it has a lot of topend power and can take on a lot of cars with more hp on the highways. ie: cars like the 00-02 mgt will take a slightly modified 1pgt in the 1/4 but on the highways, a race to topspeed.... we simply rule :D

#8 ·
GET IT!!!

Hey, we need more 1st genners out here. Fix it and turn up the Bizzost:)

#11 ·
the stock numbers are 147 HP @ 4000 RPM's and 190 lbs. ft. of torque @ 3500 RPM's. i might have the rpm numbers reversed though... can't remember, but i'm pretty sure that's how it was. you won't be selling the 7 though, right? :sad:

#12 ·
The problem this you situation is that if radiator is toast then it doesn't have just a blow head gasket. It probably has a cracked head. While finding a replacement head shouldn't be very expensive it could have water in the motor which could lead to premature bearing where. Just figured I'd let you know whats up coming from someone who has seen 2 FE2T's perish from overheating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.