Mods!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2001, 16:30   #1 (permalink)
ProbeRacer93

Mods!!

so anyways, i was just chillin and i was thinkin about putting some cool stuff in/on my car. but guess what... im not sure what to put on it. interior mods are always really cool to see inside cars, especially probes because they are nice and sporty inside. i was thinking about some lighting stuff, or just some really neat things that makes my ride looking good.... write back wit some of your sweet ideas, and give directions if you can.. thanks everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2001, 18:02   #2 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

For starters you can paint interior pieces. Get cool matching shoulder pads, shift knob and shift boot. A cool steering wheel makes a big difference, but you need to get a paper from a mechanic saying the airbag was defective. You can also play around with the seats, take the backseats out, put in custom stereo boxes, and or you can get racing seats...
Old 12-20-2001, 12:42   #3 (permalink)
Big Balla'

Probebandit has the idea. I just posted some stuff in the painting interior topic. It mentions some stuff to paint and you can also paint the inside of the dome light plastic a color of your choice. I painted mine the color red of my car. Now it is like a red blacklight at nighttime.
1993 Rio Red PGT 5spd. w/ Greddy catback, PRM Jet Stream Intake, Random Technology High Flow Cat, PRD short throw shifter, Freedom Design FSTB, Road/Race Engineering RSTB, Addco Anti-sway bar, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, etc......
gtblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Forgotten

You can also install neons, colored interior bulbs, white faced gauges, a parking brake boot, custom upholstering, vent lights, aftermarket pedals, etc.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:36   #5 (permalink)
It's been a long time...

Lightbulb lets start with the basics...

get a nice set of pedals and a shift knob to match. speedhut.com makes a HUGE choice of guage faces to compliment your color scheme. you can get a colored shift boot and matching e-brake boot to match. You can get an aftermarket e-brake handle to match your shift know, but it will require some cutting of the stock plastic handle. Just buy a colored bulb to put in the dome light. Also, change the floor lamp light colors. They are the standard "wedge" bulbs and you can buy a pair of either red, green, blue, orange, or white by General Electric for a real cheap price ($2.00 or so)...match it to your dome light. If you want to get fancy, you can buy racing seats, colored floor mats/aluminum floor mats, guages (either in the center cup holder, or on the A-pillar), you can buy vinyl dye to color your dash/etc. You can make a new fabric/color/design for the cloth door insert to match your "new" interior. A role cage is nice too.

Leave the strobes for the police cars. :)
1995 Black PGT, NOS dry 75-shot, heater, blanket, purge, remote, K&N, Hotshot, back to stock manifolds, no cat, 2 1/2" cat-back, Flowmaster 40-series, Walbro 190, ACT, B&M sts, Royal Purple, Intrax, Ractive fstb, RRE rstb, MSD wires, NGK-v plugs, Autometer guages, 17" rims, full FX Designs kit, etc..
c-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 09:28   #6 (permalink)
Women Like my Probe :)

Re: lets start with the basics...

Quote:
Originally posted by c-man
.....Leave the strobes for the police cars. :)
Why should they get to have all the fun
probe em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 12:44   #7 (permalink)
It's been a long time...

lol...oh yeah, the shotgun mount in the center console would look very intimidating to the street racers that'll think twice about fly-bys.
1995 Black PGT, NOS dry 75-shot, heater, blanket, purge, remote, K&N, Hotshot, back to stock manifolds, no cat, 2 1/2" cat-back, Flowmaster 40-series, Walbro 190, ACT, B&M sts, Royal Purple, Intrax, Ractive fstb, RRE rstb, MSD wires, NGK-v plugs, Autometer guages, 17" rims, full FX Designs kit, etc..
c-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 19:50   #8 (permalink)
Honda Who?

nice little install to do that I learned from a PT guy:
buy those nifty LED windshield washer nozzle things(don't worry)
and mount them....above the seat belt.
drill a hole into the plastic and have the nozzles aim light down at your seatbelt. You run the wiring to the dome light, so when you open your door, they come on and when you shut the door, they go off.

http://noclss2000.tripod.com
Noclss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 12:26   #9 (permalink)
KillerPGT

Hey that sounds like Carlos' interior mod! But it does look really good at night cuz you cant tell they are washer nozzels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum