Ford Forums banner

Mystic Paint job ?????

6K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  ProbeBandit 
#1 ·
This question is mainly for Don but others are more than welcome to answer. How much does a Mystic paint job cost ?

G
#4 ·
Hey Don, you said itd be around $2500 to repaint a Probe right. Im just wondering is that the price for doing factory color only, or if I wanna change the color of the car how much more would that be? (Im thinking about getting the red one painted yellow or another one but I NEED A YELLOW PROBE... :D). Thanx,

#5 ·
Ummmmm, I guess I need to start saving my pennies.

#7 ·
ProbeBandit said:

Get out of my forum biatch!!!! :D:D:D j/k

(just remember this is a whore-free area... ok its not... im here :rolleyes: )
You only wish it was .:D

#9 ·
Thats right, nothing wrong with it at all. :D

#11 ·
I sent an e-mail to Tim, but I never heard anything back.:( I guess I just wasn't good enough.:(

#13 ·
Good point, but he did say he wanted a moderator who was going to start topics. So, I did.

G
#14 ·
Thats true. So what happened? He never got back to ya? Email him again! We dont see him on the board too often yet, maybe he was busy.
On a different note the "whore level" is rapidly rising here. I guess Im gonna have to transfer this in the Goats forum :D. J/K

#15 ·
Sure go to the Goats forum. That will make Stephen so happy. :D

G
#16 ·
Don you still havent got back to me. I posted a question for ya all the way up in the beginning maybe you didnt see it after Stacy started wh*ring again... How much would a paintjob be if I wanted to change the color of the car (say uhm I dunno from red to yellow maybe? :))

#17 ·
ProbeBandit said:
Don you still havent got back to me. I posted a question for ya all the way up in the beginning maybe you didnt see it after Stacy started wh*ring again... How much would a paintjob be if I wanted to change the color of the car (say uhm I dunno from red to yellow maybe? :))
color change usually runs from 2,500 - 3,000. Thats taking the car totally apart. striping old paint off fix dents. repaint jambs and outside. wet sand and polish.

3,000 will get you a real nice show piece.

#18 ·
A full body Mystic paint job was a $3000.00 option from Ford. I know of 2 people that have painted their Stangs Mystic. The first had a body shop do it and the cost was almost $8000.00. In their case, they had the car completely painted, inside and out as though it came from the factory. The second owner and a friend painted a 93 LX Mystic. They told me that the actual cost of the paint and supplies exceeded $3800.00 and they did all the work. It was beautiful. They took a 1st place at that show.
My stripes cost me $1500.00 and I only needed a pint of Mystic. I also have a '95 Cobra R RC (remote control) car that I had painted to match the SSSNAKE.

G
#19 ·
Tang Pgt said:

color change usually runs from 2,500 - 3,000. Thats taking the car totally apart. striping old paint off fix dents. repaint jambs and outside. wet sand and polish.

3,000 will get you a real nice show piece.
Thanx, Ill probably try to get over the yellow PGT and go with the red sinsei plan... But im still thinking...

#20 ·
SSSNAKE said:
A full body Mystic paint job was a $3000.00 option from Ford. I know of 2 people that have painted their Stangs Mystic. The first had a body shop do it and the cost was almost $8000.00. In their case, they had the car completely painted, inside and out as though it came from the factory. The second owner and a friend painted a 93 LX Mystic. They told me that the actual cost of the paint and supplies exceeded $3800.00 and they did all the work. It was beautiful. They took a 1st place at that show.
My stripes cost me $1500.00 and I only needed a pint of Mystic. I also have a '95 Cobra R RC (remote control) car that I had painted to match the SSSNAKE.
Thanks for the info SSSNAKE. Now I need to rob a bank.:D

#22 ·
ProbeBandit said:

Funny I was thinking the same thing... Lets do this
together...
Sounds like a plan to me. How about the Federal Reserve in NY. :D j/k

#25 ·
Hey Steve...
ever price a repaint for our color...
My hood is fading and I need to fix a couple door dings.
Got my body man looking for the paint now....
He told me to expect the worst.....
Ill post the price of matierails later when I get the word.
PPG paint...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.