Need some info just purchased 91 probe GL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 19:05   #1 (permalink)

Need some info just purchased 91 probe GL

Purchased a 5 speed 4 cylinder 1991 Ford Probe GL. I'm trying to learn stick and for the price i got it was worth it. Has about 145k miles. Took it to my local mechanic he checked it out for the most part he claims everything is fine it has state and emissions inspection stickers valid til sept of 2012. All the lights come on or off as they need to But i believe two lights in the top right corner of the dashboard don't ever come on not even when i start the car have to look into the book to see what they are.

For the most part no real issues with the car AC and all seem to work, had to replace the brake pads, change the oil and the driver caliper bracket had to be replaced because the bolt from the caliper top broke off into it.

Anyway was driving tonight very rainy weather is around 60 degrees my windows were foggy as hell. I had the defroster on and the heater on I could not get it to defrost more than half the windshield. Someone suggested that it may be an issue with the AC itself I was thinking to myself maybe the weatherstrips themselves need to be replaced? Any information on how i could check the ac and make it work better would be helpful.

Aside from that I can't think of any other major issues i'm having need to drive it aroundd more. Also I wanted to know if anyone was selling or knew where to get the stuff for the trunk? I don't know what they're called but the hardboard that covers the tire and trunk mat that covers the hardboard. Also the top cover that is as high as the seats? I don't know the name of it but it covers the trunk so you can't see in there. I would like to know the names or be able to purchase them if anything.

Also is there anything i should look into? it's an old car i don't know where to start really so I signed up to the forums to get some information to see what i could look into to make sure everything runs or stays running ok
igbeserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum