Ford Forums banner

Need Your Help! Need a Doctor's Note.

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  EatMoreCow 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to find blank doctors note's on the web? I had to call in sick from work (YES I really was sick) and now I need a note. I know they are out there somewhere but I just cant find any and I cannot afford to go to the doctor right now. Thanks for the help.

#3 ·
This worked for my friend back in High School...
He'd forget to get a note to get out of class for rehersals he had, so he'd write out his own note during class, asking that the teacher excuse him, then he'd sign it with his own name. The teachers never said anything. It was pretty funny.

#5 ·
Hey, you may want to call your states EEO office. Some states will not allow an employer to do that, unless you are absent for 3 days or more.

I worked at a place that tried to do that, but they went too far. They said if you called in sick, you had to come in, then the manager would decide if you were too sick to work. That didn't last long, because when people said, "If I come in real sick, and the manager, who isn't a doctor, decides I am ok to work. Then I end up sick and in the hospital, I am going to sue" They backed off on that then.

Then when they were told that they can't require a doctors note unless someone was gone for 3 or more days, they backed off on that as well.

Check your states laws, and if they push it, make them read the law.

Or, I like this idea, go in sneeze on your hand, make sure it's nice and wet, handle a pen, pass it to your boss. Then add this nice touch, tell them that he has something in the corner of his eye(the eye is the best way to transmit sickness). I did this with the cop that gave me a ticket a couple years ago :)(Except for the eye part).

#7 ·
Hahaha some of you guys are mean! I've already been written up twice for absences so i'm on a kind of probation. So I have to have a doctors note or they will write me up again. The first time i was written up I was sick for 5 days and brought in TWO doctors notes and they still wrote me up. They are D*cks here.

#8 ·
well...............

Why don't you quit your job if they are d*cks? If they will fire you whether you have a doctor's note or not (sounds like they would, especially with your brought in 2 doctor's notes the last time you were sick), why bother with the stress and hassle? Don't make yourself feel worse! Sure, the job market is terrible and you may have trouble finding a job but if they would put you on probation for being sick and having 2 doctor's notes, why bother working for those jerks?

#9 ·
Re: well...............

Tara02RSX-S said:
Sure, the job market is terrible and you may have trouble finding a job but if they would put you on probation for being sick and having 2 doctor's notes, why bother working for those jerks?
Still have to pay the bills. :bs1:

Personally, I'd check into what Triped said.

And if they're still a**holes about it, then look into getting another job so you can quit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.