New to this board, thought id say HI :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2001, 15:38   #1 (permalink)

Smile New to this board, thought id say HI :)

Hello, i'm a newbee

Do you know any performance parts i can put on my probe?? I'v been looking on the net and cant find anything. I can find some stuff for thr 93 model and up, but non for 89.

I'm looking for engine mods suspention, and maybe a nice front and rear bumper. I'm looking into a turbo, but my gues is that it will have to be custom made.

My goal is to have a well hendaling car (maybe some cup kits or coilovers), with good get up and go. Maybe around 150, 200 whp. anyone achived around 150 whp with the first gen probes??

please if you know where i can find some performace parts, let me know. thank you.

I'll definetly search this board for answers to my questions
Rafal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2001, 15:51   #2 (permalink)

I finaly found a Ford probe forum, I alway hang out at focaljet.com, but now i can hang out in both forums. :)

Anyway, this just came to my attention as my friend asked me. "Would it be posible to swap a Focus ZX3 engine and tranny into the probe??" would this be even posible??
Old 12-23-2001, 00:07   #3 (permalink)
Probeless Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rafal
I finaly found a Ford probe forum, I alway hang out at focaljet.com, but now i can hang out in both forums. :)

Anyway, this just came to my attention as my friend asked me. "Would it be posible to swap a Focus ZX3 engine and tranny into the probe??" would this be even posible??
WHY???? please... ohh please.... tell me why??? if you want to swap anything into your probe, get a FE3. they make 170 HP 160 torque. redline on these fines pieces of work is 7500-8000 and to top it all off, they can be turboed on stock internals. hell, if you are lucky, you might even be able to get a stock turbo from europe or japan for it. if you want i can give you all the info on how and where to get these as well as everything else you would need.

as far as performance parts go for the 1st gen probe. my personal favourite still is Homedepod Motorsports! :bcool: seriously, home made mods kick ass.

but if you want aftermarket parts, try either one of these...

http://www.ptuning.com
http://www.nopionline.com

hope that helps you out a little! and welcome to our board. hope to see you around here more often in the future!

Gunmetal Gray 91 Probe GT
May the boost be with you!!!
zkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 11:49   #4 (permalink)

FE3, please more info, i'm all ear's. I'm guessing its a 4 cylinder? who makes its and which cars have it so i can go to the car wreckers and pick one up. I really want to swap engine and tranny in the upcoming summer. Turbo oh yes i like that :)

thank you zkiller
Old 12-23-2001, 20:52   #5 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuning

FE3!

Mazda, of course, make the FE3 engine and it is a 2.0L I4, DOHC, 16 valve, with 170hp. There is an even rarer form of it that came on the 323GTX rally car and it has the turbo pumping out 260hp. A guy in Florida sells the non turbo form of the engine for $1500.00 and his name is Jay B. (or boostedmx6 on Probetalk.com). He is also developing a turbo version for the US/ North America. Unfortunately I do not know how to reach him.

Parts for the 1Gen GL... Yeah, they're out there but they are definitely hard to find. Nopi and pttunning have been mention already, I think. Some other places to look are www.probesport.com and www.corksport.com (but you need to look in the MX6 section for corksport).
Another place for ideas is www.performanceprobe.com

Bolt-on turbo...hmmm... no dice there. I have looked everywhere for a similar application but nothing doing. It would be cheaper and easier to transplant the GT engine, tranny, and ECU into your GL.

See my signature for my website, if you would like to compare notes with. or drop me a line sometime at anomly1@yahoo.com and let me know how your project car is coming along.

Other than that, Welcome to the fold.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 21:08   #6 (permalink)

Thank you. I will drfinetaly look into a GT engine and tranny.
I also found an AWD drive train from a mazda car that might fit. AWD Probe hmm interesting i'm gonna look into it as well
Old 12-24-2001, 00:55   #7 (permalink)
Probeless Moderator

yeah, i was talking about Jay B also. i have his email addy somewhere. i'll have to look it up and i'll post it later or tomorrow.

Old 12-24-2001, 00:56   #8 (permalink)
Probeless Moderator

just a thought. stick with a mazda engine. they are more reliable and should be easier to fit into your car being that the probe is made by mazda.

Old 12-24-2001, 16:50   #9 (permalink)
knb13

by FE3 did you mean the engine that came in the first gen. GTs? It came with a 2.2 with 145hp and 180tq. Also, I would just look into getting an entire GT engine and putting it in. I have looked everywhere for mods for my GL and they are there but don't add up to a whole lot more power. For about the same price, you could just drop in a GT or what I would do it just find an entire GT. In PA, they are going for between $1000 and $2000 which is a great deal for a car that can put out an easy 180-200hp. with simple mods (Gotta love the turbo!!!) But thats just my opinion...
Old 12-24-2001, 18:06   #10 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuning

cool Engine Basics 101

The GT engine is an F2T and is basically the GL engine with some different characteristics (such as Turbo, compression ratios, etc...). While the FE3 engine is discribed above.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum