**** IDs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2001, 12:24   #1 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Read **** IDs

A little on the long side...but well worth it.

**** now lets you personalize your shoes by submitting a word or phrase which they will stitch onto your shoes, under the swoosh. So Jonah Peretti filled out the form and sent them $50 to stitch "sweatshop" onto his shoes. There then followed a lengthy correspondance between Jonah and the global superpower...

To: "'Jonah H. Peretti'" < peretti@media.mit.edu
Subject: RE: Your **** iD order o16468000

Your **** iD order was cancelled for one or more of the following reasons.
1) Your Personal iD contains another party's trademark or other intellectual property.
2) Your Personal iD contains the name of an athlete or team we do not have the legal right to use.
3) Your Personal iD was left blank. Did you not want any personalization?
4) Your Personal iD contains profanity or inappropriate slang, and besides, your mother would slap us. If you wish to reorder your **** iD product with a new personalization please visit us again at www.****.com

Thank you,
**** iD

To: "Personalize, **** iD" nikeid_personalize@****.com

Greetings,
My order was canceled but my personal **** iD does not violate any of the criteria outlined in your message. The Personal iD on my custom ZOOM XC USA running shoes was the word "sweatshop." Sweatshop is not: 1) another's party's trademark, 2) the name of an athlete, 3) blank, or 4) profanity. I choose the iD because I wanted to remember the toil and labor of the children that made my shoes. Could you please ship them to me immediately. Thanks and Happy New Year,
Jonah Peretti

Dear **** iD Customer,
Your **** iD order was cancelled because the iD you have chosen contains, as stated in the previous e-mail correspondence, "inappropriate slang". If you wish to reorder your **** iD product with a new personalization please visit us again at www.****.com
Thank you,
**** iD

From "Jonah H. Peretti" < peretti@media.mit.edu

Dear **** iD,
Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry about my custom ZOOM XC USA running shoes. Although I commend you for your prompt customer service, I disagree with the claim that my personal iD was inappropriate slang. After consulting Webster's Dictionary, I discovered that "sweatshop" is in fact part of standard English, and not slang. The word means: "a shop or factory in which workers are employed for long hours at low wages and under unhealthy conditions" and its origin dates from 1892. So my personal iD does meet the criteria detailed in your first email. Your web site advertises that the **** iD program is "about freedom to choose and freedom to express who you are." I share ****'s love of freedom and personal expression. The site also says that "If you want it done right...build it yourself." I was thrilled to be able to build my own shoes, and my personal iD was offered as a small token of appreciation for the sweatshop workers poised to help me realize my vision. I hope that you will value my freedom of expression and reconsider your decision to reject my order.

Thank you,
Jonah Peretti

Dear **** iD Customer,
Regarding the rules for personalization it also states on the **** iD web site that "**** reserves the right to cancel any Personal iD up to 24 hours after it has been submitted". In addition it further explains: "While we honor most personal iDs, we cannot honor every one. Some may be (or contain) others trademarks, or the names of certain professional sports teams, athletes or celebrities that **** does not have the right to use. Others may contain material that we consider inappropriate or simply do not want to place on our products. Unfortunately, at times this obliges us to decline personal iDs that may otherwise seem unobjectionable. In any event, we will let you know if we decline your personal iD, and we will offer you the chance to submit another."

With these rules in mind we cannot accept your order as submitted. If you wish to reorder your **** iD product with a new personalization please visit us again at www.****.com Thank you,
**** iD

Dear **** iD,
Thank you for the time and energy you have spent on my request. I have decided to order the shoes with a different iD, but I would like to make one small request. Could you please send me a color snapshot of the ten-year-old Vietnamese girl who makes my shoes? Thanks,
Jonah Peretti

---end---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2001, 12:37   #2 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuner

Thumbs up Y E A H

Now that's what i'm talking about!!! And whoever sent this has balls, and kept his composure the whole time:) Great Job
Old 12-20-2001, 12:39   #3 (permalink)
Women Like my Probe :)

LOL that's good!
probe em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 16:49   #4 (permalink)
Big Poppa

Thats classic!!!
83, 89, 93 Mustangs- (Bye Bye), 1988 Ranger XLT- (Also gone)
NOPOC
fiveliter302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 21:46   #5 (permalink)
CeyJay26

That is very cool, and very classy on Nikes part. Great customer service And you sir are cool too. I'm going to Korea so I'll send you the picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum