overheating - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2005, 14:50   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4
overheating

I have a 91 ford probe that is overheating. The thermostat and water pump have been replace. The system was flushed. There isn't any white smoke from the exhaust and there isn't any raiator fluid in the oil. Any ides?
just4fun8557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-24-2005, 03:53   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12
Re: overheating

check and see if your fans are working. if the fans are not working the there is no way to cool the water.
93probegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:31   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4
Re: overheating

Yes, fans are working. I even replaced the fan sensor
just4fun8557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:41   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
Re: overheating

Recently thought I had the same problem w/my F-150, but it turned out to be a faulty sending unit, the motor wasn't getting too hot at all....
steve1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 20:01   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Re: overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1147
Recently thought I had the same problem w/my F-150, but it turned out to be a faulty sending unit, the motor wasn't getting too hot at all....
I am having the same problem with my f 150 98 what sending unit did you replace and also mine acts up with in two to three km of driving I shut off and start 10 sec later and all is fine replaced rad , water pump and the thermostat twice still nothing no coolant in the engine oil or coming out the exhaust and the heater core is not leaking could this maybe due to a blockage in one of the ports in side the engine itself how would i check
also have replaced the cap as well

I am just plain out of answers on this one and ford has no idea can anyone help !!!!!!!!!
ruxpin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 16:37   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
Re: overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpin22
I am having the same problem with my f 150 98 what sending unit did you replace and also mine acts up with in two to three km of driving I shut off and start 10 sec later and all is fine replaced rad , water pump and the thermostat twice still nothing no coolant in the engine oil or coming out the exhaust and the heater core is not leaking could this maybe due to a blockage in one of the ports in side the engine itself how would i check
also have replaced the cap as well

I am just plain out of answers on this one and ford has no idea can anyone help !!!!!!!!!
Sounds just like the same problem I had w/my f-150. My engine was NOT actually overheating, the gauge just said it was (liar.liar).
IS your engine actually overheating? While I'm NOT a mechanic and can't give exact details, you should be able to tell after you raise the hood if the temperature is normal or really hot, and if the gauge says overhot and there's no steam coming out, well.....

The "sending unit" is what tells your gauge what to say, and they do go bad giving false readings. it's a small unit screwed into the engine block with usually one wire coming off it. I discovered this was my problem when my temp gauge went to "oh shit" in the middle of nowhere but the truck still drove fine all the way to town, and then didn't need any coolant or cooling of to continue!

Steve W.
steve1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 14:50   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 28
Re: overheating

Also check your radiator cap
billproctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 19:54   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1
Re: overheating

I have a 93 Ford Probe. It is overheating and we have replaced the radiator, water pump belt, the cap twice, thermostat 3 times top hose and cleared the overflow hose that was blocked. After replacing the radiator and thermostat the car worked fine for several months then started to overheat when I turned the heater on. I don't have very good heat most of the time especially when I am going down a mountain. I noticed some kind of thick residue in the radiator and had it flushed. It still overheats. As far as we can tell the water pump is fine and there are no leaks in the system. No indication of blown head gasket or of a bad heater core. Could it be just a sensor gone bad??? Please help it's driving me crazy!!!!!
dayhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:16   #9 (permalink)
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayhardt
I have a 93 Ford Probe. It is overheating and we have replaced the radiator, water pump belt, the cap twice, thermostat 3 times top hose and cleared the overflow hose that was blocked. After replacing the radiator and thermostat the car worked fine for several months then started to overheat when I turned the heater on. I don't have very good heat most of the time especially when I am going down a mountain. I noticed some kind of thick residue in the radiator and had it flushed. It still overheats. As far as we can tell the water pump is fine and there are no leaks in the system. No indication of blown head gasket or of a bad heater core. Could it be just a sensor gone bad??? Please help it's driving me crazy!!!!!
I am having the same problem with a 93 ford probe gt V6 I just bought the car so I do not have much history behind it. I have replaced the rad. and the thermostat. I have two mechanics telling me two differnet things. Although tthere is no milky white subtance showing up nor is there any water draining from tailpipe he thinks my heads were warped. The other mechanic thinks for some reason that the therm. keeps sticking
Good Luck I love this car I hope i can figure it out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 19:25   #10 (permalink)
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: overheating

Water pump. Suggest you replace it with a new,not remanufactured unit. Also, replace the timing belt while you are in there. I have over 200,000 miles on my PGT and have replaced my water pump twice- once at 100K and again at 200k. Fairly common problem with the 2.5L V-6. Furthermore if you buy a new water pump as opposed to a remanufactured unit the second one is free as most new water pumps come with a lifetime warranty. Got mine from NAPA.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:06.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.