- I've fixed up the rear quarter, bumper, and light assembly from where the previous owners son smashed it on the freeway.
- I've fixed the suspension, tightened all of the joints, put new brakes on (they were Baaaaad!) and painted the front suspension.
- I've got the motor to run, also did a tune up, physically cleaned the injectors, and cleaned it up considerably.
-I rebuilt the 5-speed manual trans so that it could be driven in 5th gear without popping out (5th input gear was bad).
- As you could see from some of the pics I removed and cleaned the interior, It USED to smell and was absolutely filthy, the original owner of the car was a smoker and the previous owner was a pet lover (two of the worst things for a car if the owner doesn't take proper care of it).
- Stereo. :-) Pioneer DEH 4100 2 MTX subs JVC amp Pioneer 6.5's in front 4x6's in back. Custom mounted in the dash.
The car is different now than in the pics, I've actually driven it for several months fine tuning and tweaking here and there. I have MANY planned mods for the car both in terms of chassis and engine, it's always on my mind! I'm sure you can relate.
The 3.0 has considerably more low end grunt but dies out earlier in terms of RPM than the 2.2 does.
There is definately a power difference.
The 2.2 Turbo kicks in pretty hard after the lag but the 3.0 has the power right from the start, the 2.2 turbo has more kick than the 3.0 after it gets going.
I'm not really sure if that answers your question or not but to simply put it... the 3.0 has more power than the 2.2 and you notice the difference.
For the engine I'm the one planning the supercharger looking for ideas on making the bottom end stronger.
As for the Chassis I've made my own version of front and rear strut bars.. and I'm currently trying to figure out what I'm going to do with springs and struts... the car rolls too much but by comparison my GL feels like a go cart! So maybe I'll swap springs or something... not entirely sure yet.
Most important thing now however... especially considering we are heading into winter... is getting the money to fund what I want to do near spring summer. Wish me luck!
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.