Probe Valuation - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2002, 23:02   #1 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

Probe Valuation

I need honest opinions here. before you flip out on me understand that i am planning on selling my probe to buy another one with fewer miles. heres my details and i want to know what you think i can get for it (ignoring blue book)

brand new paint and auto transmission w/ warranty. new starter, new carpeting,

2 seater(backseats removed, but custom done to be flat from the hatch forward, carpeyed perfectly looks like it came that way from factory)

No dents.

kenwood 45x4 cd deck, 6.5 eclipse speakers and 5x7 fosgate speakers in the back. no amp, but wired up and ready for one.

156,000 miles, but a brand new ford engine was put it at 80k.

cold air intake, ported and polished upper and lower manifolds, msd coil, performance muffler, asp underdrive pulley.

The right turn signal is out and thats it.

I want to get rid of it and get a younger probe with fewer miles (a stick and 145 instead of my 140 too).

what do you think i can get? im in no hurry to sell so i dont mind waiting for a racer type to come a long who is willing to pay for the mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2002, 21:54   #2 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

I think at the most you can get about 3 grand for it, with or without compensating for the mods. I'm not flipping out on you, but wouldnt it be alot cheaper to just put a manual in then go and buy another car with one? Your paint and everything is good, you might have a hard time finding another first genner with no dents and good paint. Your car runs fine right? Other than the transmission? I just don't see why you want to get rid of your car for one that is only a year or two newer. If you were searching for a second gen Probe GT and you wanted to sell your car to help on a downpayment or something I can understand that, but anyways, not flipping out on ya, I just don't really know why you would want to sell it after all that you have done to it, and the condition that it's in.

But, to answer your question, I would say 3k at the most.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

peace

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 22:47   #3 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

ive recently come along several probes with under 60k on them. The front ends and everything start wearing out when you get 150k plus on the car like i have.
Old 01-18-2002, 21:05   #4 (permalink)
Probe Member

well caliguy i know i just flipped out when i read this but common you are saying that you want the newer model cause it has 5 more hp of power!!!!! common !!!!!!!!!!!!since you have done a lot to your car i say you are well above and beyond the 145 hp dare i say 160ish if you were to buy like a newer 95 and up probe i would understand but giving up your probe the way you are saying man!!!!!!!! i know that there is no way in hell you will get more than 3000 bucks here in cali specially since you took out the rear seats well whatever you decide i will back you up ok good luck and think it over ok
Old 01-18-2002, 22:02   #5 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

So what kind of characteristics is your front end having at 150k?

Quote:
Originally posted by Caliguy143
ive recently come along several probes with under 60k on them. The front ends and everything start wearing out when you get 150k plus on the car like i have.

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 00:40   #6 (permalink)
Probe Member

$3000 sounds about right, maybe $1000 up or down depending on how the buyer feels about the mods.

Recently, I've been thinking about selling my car and getting a different car too.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum