Question about the Headlights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2003, 10:37   #1 (permalink)

Question about the Headlights

I was just wondering, the other day I blew the fuse that controls the headlamp motor. So now when I turn on my lights... The lights still go on, but they don't go up. I didnt have a spare fuse on hand so I manually turned the knobs located behind each headlamp, so now the headlamps stay up all the time, despite whether or not the lights are on or off. I was just wondering if, when I replace the fuse... If it is possible that I could keep the headlamps at the height that I adjusted them with the knobs.. And also have them raise more when I turn the lights on... then when I turn the lights off... they return to the height I adjusted them to. The only reason I ask is because I dont know if it will ruin the motor or not.

-Grant
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2003, 14:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: Question about the Headlights

No, when you put the new fuse in .The headlights will automaticlly go back the way they were originally. There is a mod you can do it's called sleepy eyed. But, the lights stay same height with them on or off.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 18:21   #3 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Question about the Headlights

I have the Sleepy Eye mod... I think that is the primary reason why my fuse blew. But with my sleepy eye mod... I can only control the motors when the lights are on, and when I turn the lights off, they automatically go down. Do you know a way I can control them without having to have the lights being on? I have a 94 so it doesnt have the button that you have to push to control them like the 93 does. Oh by the way... do you know which fuse off hand controls the motors... I mean, if its a 15, 20, or a 30 fuse?

-Grant

Last edited by Prime; 09-28-2003 at 18:25.
Old 09-28-2003, 20:00   #4 (permalink)

It's the 20. What do you mean by "Do you know a way I can control them without having to have the lights being on?" Are you wanting them to stay up all the time?

My next Ford.....
Old 09-28-2003, 20:22   #5 (permalink)

Here's a link to Jerry Rhodes web site. I'm glad I keep these things in my favorite places. He has steps for the 93 and 94-97 Probe sleepy eyed mod. Hope this helps you out.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/F...755/sleepy.htm

My next Ford.....
Old 09-29-2003, 18:22   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, because in the sleepy mod it says "When the head lights are turned on and the sleepy-eye push button is off, your lights will not go up until you push in the sleepy-eye button momentarily. This will give you your desired sleepy-eye height. When the head lights are turned off they will go back down." I was just wondering if there was a way I could control them to go up or down without the headlight switch being on. (Besides manually turning them with the knobs). Thanks for that link by the way, it was much more detailed than the one I went by :D

-Prime
Old 11-10-2003, 12:24   #7 (permalink)
Southern Probe Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
I have the Sleepy Eye mod... I think that is the primary reason why my fuse blew. But with my sleepy eye mod... I can only control the motors when the lights are on, and when I turn the lights off, they automatically go down. Do you know a way I can control them without having to have the lights being on? I have a 94 so it doesnt have the button that you have to push to control them like the 93 does. Oh by the way... do you know which fuse off hand controls the motors... I mean, if its a 15, 20, or a 30 fuse?

-Grant
Did you put an inline fuse on the switch? That is what will keep you from blowing anything else like the retractor module under the dash.

~James~
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum