Red Sinsei or yellow FX - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2001, 23:09   #1 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Question

Just out of curiosity what do you guys think would look better. I was gonna sell my Sinsei kit and do the yellow FX plan, but I kinda wrecked the yellow PGT a week ago and the insurance company will total it. Even though I wanna buy it back, Im not sure if its worth fixing.
Anyways, what do you guys think I should do keep the sinsei kit and put it on the red 94 PGT or fix the yellow '93 that has a Supra style spoiler and get an FX combat kit? What would look better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2001, 16:38   #2 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

I'm a little more biased to the F/X. I Like the Sensei front , but I don't care for the sides or back. But the choice is yours. It's what you like.
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 17:55   #3 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Red face

Yea, well, I wanted to do something unique first when the sinsei kit came out and we saw the first pictures. I was in an FX Bulk Buy on PT but than we couldnt get enough people and I got in on the sinsei BB organized by Mike Baxter. Im still waiting for the kit, sinsei messed up big time.
Anyways, when I bought my yellow Probe, it had a Supra style wing and it grew on me and I wanted to keep it, but I thought the sinsei wouldnt look good with that spoiler. So I decided to get an FX kit. I always loved Kenny's chromalusion Probe. Even though I only saw it once I saw a couple of pictures and that convinced me the supra style wing goes well with the FX kit. But now that my yellow probe is probably gone, I dont know what to do. The red one would look better with the sinsei I think. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 02-27-2001, 18:25   #4 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

put the Supra wing on the red one.

Fx rear's
Fx gen 2 sides
Sensie front
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 18:30   #5 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Wink

haha thats funny you say that cuz I like the FX front end (without the Ford badge), and prefer the sinsei sides and back bumper over the FX combat... :)
Old 02-27-2001, 21:02   #6 (permalink)

Yeah my buddy Wes has the Sinsei front bumper. If you went to MM2K ya'll may have seen it, white bumper on a red 96PGT. I don't like them, they just seem to be made very cheaply. "Is that a word cheaply"? I would buy the Probe back from the ins. company and use it as a parts car. Just my 2 cents.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 21:12   #7 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Wink

Yea well if its white on a red car that means its not finished... maybe thats why it looks so cheap. But yea Im having second thoughts about the sinsei kit too. I think itd probably look nice and unique once finished though.

Ill definitely buy the yellow PGT back.
Old 02-27-2001, 21:19   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ProbeBandit
Yea well if its white on a red car that means its not finished... maybe thats why it looks so cheap. But yea Im having second thoughts about the sinsei kit too. I think itd probably look nice and unique once finished though.

Ill definitely buy the yellow PGT back.
No it was when he was putting it on, I was with him. It just felt paper thin. Don't get me wrong I like the design it's just to thin for me. But remember, I've been hit in the front twice in the last 7mos.:( That maybe the reason why I fell that way.

My next Ford.....
Old 02-27-2001, 21:23   #9 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Ok you got me thinking now. 8 days after hitting a city bus on the side head on this doesnt seem like such a great idea... hmmmmmm

BTW how low is the sinsei front chin? I heard they went to extremes when they designed it... having such a low chin may not be too convenient, especially if you live in New York.
Old 02-27-2001, 21:35   #10 (permalink)

I don't know exactly but when Wes put his on, the next day he hit a pot hole and the fiber glass cracked. It does sit low, and I mean low.

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum