Removing Alternator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2005, 07:13   #1 (permalink)

Removing Alternator

Hello this is my 1st post so go easy on me

Ok i think i might need to replace my Alt. but for the looks of it is going to be a mission i dotn mind but i want to be easy and not stressful like most FORD's mech. problems, so here is my question can some one point me in the right direccion in how or what steps i need to take for the process to go smoth like a little how to or something like it.

Cuz i dont want to be stuck home today i want to NYC tonight or if tomorrow

thanks in advance
Jbasto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2005, 06:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Removing Alternator

A new person "Probe fan" responded to this thread but hit the report post button. Here's what Probe fan posted....

you may want to start by lifting the front end of your car as high as you can then you can get under the car and look up from there,
then yo uwill see a long bolt that goes through the alt dont touch that yet from the top of the engine you can see the tensioner bolt, start releasing that bolt and the belt should come loose enough to take it out
so take it out (loosen up every bolt comencted to the tensioner bolt)
take the belt out and then go back under the car and remove the first bolt I mentioned, then disconect all the electric connections and your alt should come right out

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 16:55   #3 (permalink)

Re: Removing Alternator

yah right... im haveing the same probelem ... lol ive goten all the bolts i believe. it looks like the alt. should slide right out but its still stuck good in their. like he said the bolt touch's the well. i havent had any luck getting it out still
Dylan smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum