SCPOC Comments - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2001, 18:22   #1 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

Thumbs down SCPOC Comments

I dont want to sound like a total critic, but it seems like theres not much support for scpoc. The forum is damn near empty and the website is in bad need of an update. The members havent been updated in a month and a half and it says the october meet is still in planning. it is october. Maybe im missing out on some information because im pretty new, but from what i see it looks like theres not much interest....

Also, why is our forum here instead of on probetalk?? PT gets a lot more traffic.

Call me what you want for complaining, but i think ive got a good point and id be willing to help out if its just that nobody wants to get up and do the updates, etc.
Caliguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2001, 19:17   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

i think that the reason that the forum is over here is because there was issues with certain folks over at pt.

as far as the rest of the site for scpoc then you will need to talk to them about that.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Ya I noticed that PROB too!!
Probe89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 14:20   #4 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

mad

first off caliguy, i don't have the time or patience to explain why we're here. the fact is, we're here, we're staying here until i say it's time not too.

second, the scpoc site is undergoing major changes. they're not finished yet due to a variety of things that go on in my life. since i'm the president AND webmaster, they get done when i have time.

third, if you want to join, please do. in the meantime, don't come onto a nice friendly board and slam the socal club because there are some things you don't like. if you don't like them, don't join. that simple.

i'm sorry if i sound gruff, but some of us work 60+ hours a week, and i do what i can with whatever free time i have.

oh, and the activity is a problem because most of our members have JOBS. they don't get to post all the time. most of the members also work weekends, so not everyone shows for meets. it's a problem i've been working on for 2 years now. if you think you have any suggestions, please IM on AIM. my username is the same as it is here.
Old 10-03-2001, 17:12   #5 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Are you on the mail list? There's activity over there, too. And from what I've seen our website is one of the more up-to-date ones out there.

Believe me, maintaining a web site is very time-consuming, especially one the size of SCPOC's; I've seen it updated about 4 times since I joined all of about 7 months ago. For a club site, that's pretty damn good.
Old 10-03-2001, 17:26   #6 (permalink)
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member

I work 40 hours a week AND go to SDSU full time. I know what it is like to have no time.

Like I said, I am new, so I had questions.

It would be nice if the site was updated more often. I was offering to HELP if theres just no time to do it. That offer stands.

I asked about the forum being on PT because they get a lot more action than FF and i figured it would increase membership.

Im not bashing the club, im just pointing out some things I noticed.

Im not here to *****, im here because we all own a cool ass car.
Caliguy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 18:21   #7 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

We used to be on PT, moved over here to a friendlier environment--and pulled a few other POC's along :)

Membership isn't the problem, participation is. I think we have over 100 people listed, but there's like 20 that I've actually seen.

So...on that note, can I pencil you in for Nov 3rd?:wink2: (still pushing the meet...)
Old 10-09-2001, 12:53   #8 (permalink)
Just some guy...

I think Damon's answer explains it all. If you feel you can make a better contribution by all means do it. Help find solutions not faults.
Old 10-09-2001, 14:14   #9 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

I don't no why you guys got so offended!! I was just saying that not to many Probers come in here and post!!!!!!
Probe89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 17:15   #10 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

):WH: yebbut...this was one of the most active areas a few months ago...so we didn't understand that angle. 'sides, you ought to see the volume on the e-mail list (dang bunch of chatterboxes :p )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum