Since its Christmas..I was wondering - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2001, 00:44   #1 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Since its Christmas..I was wondering

Since its Christmas...i was wondering how many of you in NCPOC we Christians? I am and have been for going on 4 years. I am very active in church and even went to Bible College:s2: ( i know...wow) It being the Christmas season I always think of Jesus being born and all...that never crosses my mind twice but i know a lot of people only think of gifts and shopping. So I just wanted to bring a little Christmas thought into NCPOC and make sure that everyone atleast remembered the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Jesus was born to save all mankind of all our sins.

If anyone wants to discuss andthing about beliefs of Jesus with me then feel free to post here and let me know what you think or believe.:s5 Merry Christmas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2001, 09:19   #2 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Im with ya good buddy.

Got a fun fact for ya, Jesus wasn't accually born in December, he was born sometime in September. December 25 got adopted by the Roman's for the winter festaval in late december, where they gave out presents and celebrated the winter solstice.

That doesn't change anything because we need this holiday to remember, but it is like celebrating my birthday in June. (My real B-day is in April.)

I am a developing Christian, i never wanted anything to do with Christianity. I have always had the Christian family background by i didn't accept it till a few months ago. I am still learning what it means to be a Christian and it is nice to have Todd as a Mentor.
Euro clear corner lights | Lazy Eye switch | Foglight mod | White Ford Emblem | Razo Baseball shift knob | Wheelskins leather shift boot | RSP MotorSports Rear Tower Strut Bar | Eibach springs | XTC Racing Front Strut Tower bar | KYB GR-2 Struts | KYB strut mounts | Powerslot rotors Axxis Metalmaster Pads | Kumho Escta Supra 712 tires | Hotshots Intake | K+N filter | Silicone vacuum hoses | Mobil 1 5W-30 | PRD Short Throw Shifter | Redline Oil-MTL Manual Transmission fluid | Phenolic Spacers | Phenolic throttle body spacer | NGK spark plug wires | NGK spark plugs | ACT Stage II clutch | TW Solid Motor Mount | Glassbeaded Front Valve Cover | Glassbeaded and Clearcoated Intake Manifold
BluProbeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 14:34   #3 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

well thats really good to hear man. Interesting fact there. Man you always can call me if you need anything. (540) 449-5020 if you need anything. Everyone has flaws but thats the beauty of God...He doesnt mind as long as you realize thats it is wrong and make changes to fix things for yourself.
Old 12-22-2001, 17:30   #4 (permalink)
CeyJay26

eek

Very enlightening post there Wes. Well I really don't have a religious perference as my dogtags say. I've grown up in various religions. As a kid I went to a Catholic school in Chicago, while leaving in Mississppi I went to Baptist churches. I had a girlfriend in highschool that was Jahovah Witness, and while in the military I have on occasion read the Koran. So I really hadn't been in, or had a certain religious practice. I still observe the 25th as a day to worship and praise the birth of Christ for the things he has done for us. I really don't like doing the whole present thing because I feel it isn't a time to recieve anything. For the most part I only buy gifts for my son, brother and parents. I try to stay out of religious discussions, because I really haven't taken the time to believe in a religion. I do believe in a god, and there are thing that can not be explained but through faith. So I guess my religious beliefs are purely based on faith.
Old 12-22-2001, 20:19   #5 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Quote:
I do believe in a god, and there are thing that can not be explained but through faith. So I guess my religious beliefs are purely based on faith.
I think you've got the basics down o.k.

All Christ asks for is that we believe He is Lord, ask Him for forgiveness of our sins, and make Him the Lord of our life. You can't do that on anything but faith.

For me, the more I learn about life and the world, the more I realize this world and the people on it MUST be the work of a loving Creator. Our world is too complex to be the result of chaos.

I'm a Christian, I believe Christ is Lord, I ask for forgiveness of my sins, but I struggle daily with which one of us is in charge. The walk is not easy sometimes.
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 20:25   #6 (permalink)
CeyJay26

Quote:
Originally posted by MacDaddy

The walk is not easy sometimes.
Ain't that the truth
Old 12-23-2001, 17:45   #7 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Saaaaawwweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Jesus: God became man and showed how we should live. After showing us how to live, he died for our shortfallings (actually its called sin). Amazing love.

There is no greater love that He would give himself for us.

Before Jesus was born, the Jewish people beleived that the Messiah would come and were anticipating it. However, they wanted a political leader, someone who would lead Israel to independence from Rome and usher in a "worldy Kingdom" that would restore Jerusalem to its original splendor. Needless to say they were misinterpreting the old testamant prophets. What actually happened was Jesus, the messiah was born into a poor family and lived a life of humbleness. He didn't bother with politics. His Kingdom was about souls not towns.

His ways are not our ways.

I am also a Christian, but like Mac.....I struggle with who is running the show. The amazing love that God shows us, however, allows us to do that.

Nice Wes, hey did you get my phone call? I left you a message.
Fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 20:50   #8 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

well put Todd.....yes i got both your messages. I have tried to call you back. I was at work Friday night and didnt get off till 11:00pm...thought it was a little late to call. Anyway tonight i was watching Shrek with some friends. I left a message on your machine. Anywho....we all struggle with Christian walk and we all fall short. There never has been and never will a perfect person to ever walk this earth besides Jesus Christ. We can all try to be as perfect as we can. When we do fall short all we can do is pray to God and ask Him for forgiveness. :s5
Old 12-23-2001, 22:13   #9 (permalink)
Moderator/founder NCPOC

Thumbs up

I do have one thing to say about NCPOC. I am proud to be affiliated with a group of christians. Me my self I am a christian I go to church on every sunday. Now I am not the perfect christian and probally never will be, but I strive to live the way I should. I would like to say though GOD BLESS NCPOC and GOD BLESS every one else.
ncspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 09:20   #10 (permalink)
Not_His

My mother was raised in a strict Catholic household, and although my father does not practice any particular religion, he is Christian. I was baptized Catholic as a baby and attended Catholic schools through middle school. Going through the different sacrements such as Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation has aided in my education of my religion. I do attend mass every Sunday, and on the few holy days throughout the year. Of course I question my religion and our beliefs...but one must have blind faith to be a Christian. I take comfort in my relationship with God, and enjoy discussing and sharing ideas with other Christians. I like to attend different churches, different services. I feel the need to learn about what others believe too. :)

~Kimberly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum