so what is this dyno meet?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Georgia
Age: 35
Posts: 10
Question so what is this dyno meet??

i'm from warner robins, georgia. it's by macon, there isn't too much going on here what exactly is this dyno meet? I'm looking
for something to do.

95liliacprobe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:19 PM
Probe GT Member
 
MacDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: High Point, NC
Age: 57
Posts: 23
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.
MacDaddy is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Georgia
Age: 35
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by MacDaddy
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.

cool sounds like fun too bad my motor sucks!
95liliacprobe is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:38 PM
Probe Owner
 
jared r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Age: 35
Posts: 475
i cant go near the dyno.. bad trans.. :MUha: it will be fun to watch i guess. i may have the new car by then.. who knows.. i might bring the competition in ford form but not a probe.:s6: :s6:

jared r=closed post
whorebot=deleted post
jared r=minus post count
whorebot=gone
jared r is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Georgia
Age: 35
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by jared r
i cant go near the dyno.. bad trans.. :MUha: it will be fun to watch i guess. i may have the new car by then.. who knows.. i might bring the competition in ford form but not a probe.:s6: :s6:

what kind of car are you getting??
95liliacprobe is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:47 PM
Probe Owner
 
jared r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Age: 35
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally posted by 95liliacprobe



what kind of car are you getting??
probally somthing slow... im trying to get a 95 mgt.. but who knows.. ill deffinately be there at the dyno.. with what who knows..

jared r=closed post
whorebot=deleted post
jared r=minus post count
whorebot=gone
jared r is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Georgia
Age: 35
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by jared r


probally somthing slow... im trying to get a 95 mgt.. but who knows.. ill deffinately be there at the dyno.. with what who knows..
hmmm I may have to make a trip out there
95liliacprobe is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 07:20 PM
Probe GT Member
 
MacDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: High Point, NC
Age: 57
Posts: 23
Last dyno we had several Probes, and a Volvo 850 Turbo. Then we watched someone else run a Mustang.
If you want to come, the more the merrier. Just get connected with Fozzie. He seems to be the organizer.
MacDaddy is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 08:47 PM
Probe Owner
 
jared r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Age: 35
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally posted by 95liliacprobe


hmmm I may have to make a trip out there
well make that trip then.. we'll do other stuff than tha dyno.. i dont know what they have planned yet.. we'll see

jared r=closed post
whorebot=deleted post
jared r=minus post count
whorebot=gone
jared r is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-01, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Georgia
Age: 35
Posts: 10
confused

Quote:
Originally posted by jared r


well make that trip then.. we'll do other stuff than tha dyno.. i dont know what they have planned yet.. we'll see
I'll have to think about it, it's a good 8 hour trip!
95liliacprobe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno Meet Saturday June 22nd,2002 FLAPOC-Pres On the Road in North America 0 06-20-02 12:09 AM
We need dyno confirmations Fozzie Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum 6 01-08-02 07:35 AM
IF the dyno meet falls through.... probesport_gt Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum 9 12-29-01 10:54 PM
NCPOC dyno meet >>> everyone welcome!! probesport_gt On the Road in North America 6 12-18-01 06:17 PM
Sept. 8 Dyno Meet My93gts Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum 5 09-10-01 07:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome