Ford Forums banner

so what is this dyno meet??

3K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  probesport_gt 
#1 ·
i'm from warner robins, georgia. it's by macon, there isn't too much going on here what exactly is this dyno meet? I'm looking
for something to do.

#2 ·
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.

#3 ·
MacDaddy said:
The lads meet at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, NC. The shop has a chassis dynometer there, he straps your car down on the rollers and you floor it. From that you get a plot of horsepower vs. rpm, and a plot of air/fuel ratio vs. rpm. Last meet cost about $60 for 3 runs.
It's interesting. From that, I found out my Probe is down about 30 horsepower from where it should be. And burning rich at the high RPMS. Worth doing. But I don't want to go back until I'm certain I've found the missing hp, and so far I don't think I have.

cool sounds like fun too bad my motor sucks!

#4 ·
i cant go near the dyno.. bad trans.. :MUha: it will be fun to watch i guess. i may have the new car by then.. who knows.. i might bring the competition in ford form but not a probe.:s6: :s6:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.