Ford Forums banner

So, who's the hardest-core of the hardcore?

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  Racy-Stacey 
#1 ·
Who's done the most work to their GL? In other words, if you are bored, list your mods.

Hotshot Headers
gutted-cat....take that green peace
Dynomax Super Turbo muffler and cat-back
K&N 8" cone filter
removed air resonator
Home Depot cold air intake
Bosch ignition components
Fidanza Flywheel
Aluminum painted valve cover
Pilot H3 driving lights
Cool Blue headlights
25% mirror tint
blue interior lights
JVC cd head unit
Sony X-plod 6.5" in the front, 6x9s in the rear
Addco poly urethane sway bar endlinks
Yokohama Avid H4 tires
Probe and Ford emblems on the interior...tacky, but I like it
Alarm system
probably some other stuff I forgot

Oh, and I've done all the work myself ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
GT motor swap
GT tranny swap
MSD 6A
MSD balster 2
MSD superconductor wires
full array of autometer gauges, speedo, tach, temp, oil press. fuel level, air/fuel, EGT, boost, and volt meter
P&P exhaust manifold
P&P ATX tb
custom full white/black interior, not fully installed yet, but about halfway done
custom GOLD painted valve cover (but I bet yours looks better, haha)
removed all air baffles in intake tract
custom 3" cone filter and adapter
215/60 tires mounted on stock GL rims
had a pacesetter, but is removed to make way for my new 3" exhaust
pacesetter short throw shifter adjusted to about 3/4 on the short side
green halo driving lights, H3 55W
super blue H4 conversion with xenon bulbs, 90/130W (I'm sick of night drivers driving with their brights on, so I got brighter, hehehe)

soon to come:
3" exhaust
WRX turbo (should be here monday)
Redline synthetic tranny fluid
undercar light kit, and an interior blck light
and hopefully a lumier cam to match the WRX turbo

My other GL:
old cone filter set up of previous car (2.5")
old pacesetter exhaust from previous car
replaced muffler with my own creation: cherry bomb with a really good resonated tip (surprisingly quiet for a cherry bomb exhaust)
tb from other car to replace stolen ATX tb to go on other car, P&P

As you can see I WAS bored in writing this, so I did both cars, but I don't think I'm anywhere near the hardest-core, I basically dumped everything GL about my car out the window except the suspension and wheels.

#3 ·
Well I know that I have very few mods but thats ok because my probe isn't my project car.
Any how here are my mods.
Pacesetter cat-back
K&n box filter (soon to be cone)
home depot cai
Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge (flush mounted in dash)
205/60 tires (stock rims)
Tokiko struts
engine dress up stuff hoses etc.
cd player
two 10'' jbls w/sony amps

That's about it for now
This summer I will spend about a month stright working on it in my dads garage though. Current plans are
yellow or wrx blue paint w/graphics
GT turbo and all the necessities
Intrax springs and white volk racing wheels
Racing seats depending on price and comfort.

#4 ·
Intrax Springs
KYB GR-2 struts
pacesetter cat-back
89 GT wheels
89 GT spoiler
custom intake using cone filter
painted a few misc parts
started to switch maroon interior for grey/black interior (if you have any interior parts that you need to get rid of let me know)
Grant GT Signiture Series Racing wheel
Pilot fogs with custom switch (looks stock, in ride control location)

that's all for now.

coming soon:

new engine
new tranny
new paint (black with red pearl)
new clutch
fidonza flywheel

i hope to have those things done by the end of this summer. it all depends on if i get this job or not.

#5 ·
Oh yeah, I have the tailgate section spoiler from the GT on my car and I've had it painted in the last year and a half (blue with purple pearl).

Stefan, when you want to get the Flywheel, let me know I can hook you up on a better price than advertised from Fidanza (that goes for everyone on here, except Cybervamper because he already got one from me).

#6 ·
daprobe said:
Oh yeah, I have the tailgate section spoiler from the GT on my car and I've had it painted in the last year and a half (blue with purple pearl).

Stefan, when you want to get the Flywheel, let me know I can hook you up on a better price than advertised from Fidanza (that goes for everyone on here, except Cybervamper because he already got one from me).
alright cool!!! :) thanks man!!!

#8 ·
My deal with Fidanza is for the GL flywheels only at this point. If you are serious about buying one in the very near future I will get in touch with my contact at Fidanza and see if he will sell me a GT flywheel at a lower rate as a one time only thing. If not, contact Rafi on PT as he is a distributor for Fidanza and handles the GT models.

#9 ·
Daprobe... Fidanza Flywheel, what's a flywheel... :crazy1: :s6:
Thanx again bro:)

#12 ·
daprobe said:
My deal with Fidanza is for the GL flywheels only at this point. If you are serious about buying one in the very near future I will get in touch with my contact at Fidanza and see if he will sell me a GT flywheel at a lower rate as a one time only thing. If not, contact Rafi on PT as he is a distributor for Fidanza and handles the GT models.
Don't stress too much about it, I'm not going to worry about it unless my clutch really is going out, but it felt fine when I took the car apart.

#15 ·
mods:

K&N cone filter
Home depot CAI (sort of)
Nology Hotwires
Beru Silverstone plugs
2.5" custom exhaust piping (no mandrels :( )
Sebring muffler (no, not from the chrysler!)
Grex strut bar (for an eclipse but modded to fit)
Some head work (nothing really wild)
Jet performance chip (note:this is not the same one they sell today, I bought this years ago before they started selling mainstream)
Eibach ProKit
KYB GR-2 struts
Tinted windows
16x7 Konig Wildcards wrapped with 205/55/16 Nitto NT450
Powerstop slotted rotors with Japanese Akibono pads

Almost all original paint (cept for the drivers side door and fender, thanks to drunk driver )
New seat fabric. The stock stuff was good but after 9 years, it had seen better days!

As for the sound system:
Kenwood tape deck
Kenwood add-on CD player w/graphic output display.
Kenwood 6.5" 2ways in doors
Boston Acoustic 6.5" 2ways custom mounted in rear panels
In trunk:
Kicker 5 channel amp
Kicker Comp VR 12" Sub in sealed box

#17 ·
Diablo said:
absolutely nothing!
How lame...
j/k. Sometimes that makes the best car;)

Good news all, I Am getting a cam for the white one.
it will have a 280 degree duration, and .492" lift!! Prolly won't be in for a while, but I'm getting one, haha. i'm going to have to get head work done, too, so I have to wait til I get money for both. And I will probably have my 3" exhaust started by the end of the week.

#19 ·
It is a company called PAECO. They make 4 different stages for our cars, but they are re-grinds. Any stage is the same price, but the top 3 are almost worthless without many mods. The stage 4 cam has a powerband up to 8400rpms. They do require that you get their springs and retainers. That's the only way they warrantee it.
The cam I'm getting, like I said is a 280 degree, .492" lift.
The stage 4 has I think 320 degrees duration, and .540" lift.
I'll let you all know how it goes. I am planning a before and after dyno run, but on my turbo engine. I think my non-turbo GL will be getting an FE3 before a cam.

#20 ·
That is still cool!

Definitely let us know how things work out for you either way. This could be the "power" item we've all been looking for!

#21 ·
I'm the most Hard core Chick!

Since I'm probably the only girl racer on here. It has to be me...:)

Tracks my car has been on:
Laguna Seca
Buttonwillow
Hallet Motor Speedway
Long Beach (Illegally) 2am hot lap
Hollywood Park
California Speedway
El Toro

Racing Organizations participated
SCCA – Timing and scoring
Cal Club
No Bucks – Solo2
Vara (Vintage Auto Racing Assoc.)
SCPOC Racing Team

Inaugural Tracks I’ve been to:
California Speedway
Las Vegas Int. Speedway
Buttonwillow

Car 1990 GL Base model www.scpoc.com
MSD 6A

(to be continued)

#22 ·
Stacey kicks butt! Cant wait to line our GL's up (parked!) when I get back in Cali this summer for the SCPOC meets.

#24 ·
Hey Stacey,
I thought I talked to you about the strut tower brace at the July BBQ meet in SD?? Oh well, I bought it for ~$100 from Dynamic Autosports in Lake Forest, CA. It is originally for a 1988-1993 Eclipse, but with the use of a hacksaw :chainsaw:, a drill, and a rat-tail file :1poke:, I made it fit in a few hours! Of course, I also painted the mounts to match my paint. :fluffy:

I thought you had the Pilot driving/fog lights? The pic does not show them. Did you ever get the Fuel pressure regulator?
Todd

#25 ·
Thanks for the info again :) I guess i forgot what we talked about. I dont retain information very well just ask Damon. LOL

The pic i posted was the only one i could attach, the other one was too big. So yeah i still have them... in fact they are not working and so I have to sort out that prob. Like as if i had nothing better to do than work on my PGL. :)

No i didnt get the fuel pressure reg. yet. I'm in the process of getting my credit straighten out so we can qualify for a way cool home loan interrest rate. So I have lots of plans, just cant act on them yet. If my car decides to self destruct then i'll be forced to get another 1st gen 5sp....this time.

#26 ·
Wasuper

Hey Stacey!!! Can't wait to see you and Damon @ MAS02
I've always loved your car, and not just because it's white and a GL:s6:, and you really know how to handle your machine:hy:
My car's getting a makeover this summer, and i'm getting some Yoko AVS Sports(most likely that's my best choice), that's all i'm going to say for now.
Late,
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.