Speedway meet?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2001, 13:09   #1 (permalink)
Just some guy...

cool Speedway meet??

How many would be interested in attending one of our next meets at Irwindale Speedway? The prices listed aren't very high 'depending on the evening's event, prices start at $25 per person, minimum of 24 persons, for a catered dinner under a canopy in the Chalet Village'.

I personally would love to go, and seeing that it's located between LA and Orange county, it should be convinient for all. And of course all would be welcome.

Comments, pros, cons or concerns?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg airshot of irwindale.jpg (44.5 KB, 140 views)
Gil Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2001, 13:23   #2 (permalink)
www.SCPOC.com member

Thumbs up hells yeah!!!

can we clip? :)
jorge95pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 13:46   #3 (permalink)
Just some guy...

As in spin me around?? My insurance would love that one!! We could do a timed lap session. It has two tracks, an inner and an outer run. All I know is that I'm tired of hearing about other clubs that get together and race. We need to get together and form a stronger bond in something we all enjoy, our cars!:wink2:
Gil Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2001, 17:54   #4 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Count me in. That place is cool. I can almost certainly talk another Probe into coming (the new PSE owner), and perhaps some passengers...

The $25 price is a steal, their regular prices range from $15-$35 plus parking depending on what series is running that night.

We'll HAVE to have someone willing to sit in the stands & take lots of pics. :D
Old 06-28-2001, 19:02   #5 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member

sounds nice

Dinner and a parade lap, huh. Not a bad price, I guess.
hyc GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 10:38   #6 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Thumbs up

no, that's not a bad price.

i'm interested in seeing about having a race day for us there. this would help getting a regional or statewide probe meet and exposure for our club if we host it.

if neither gil nor chris can find out something, i live close enough to them. i can drop by and see what information i can find out.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:10   #7 (permalink)
Just some guy...

Well, we have two choices. We can take the parade lap prior to a race and have dinner in the mix of the crowd where we would have a buffet, or we can actually rent the track for ourselves and do as Damon suggests, a regional or state meet. I would prefer the race meet.

Unfortunately the only guy who does the rentals is a guy by the name of Chris Morgan. He is very busy, too busy to return my calls. I think if several people call him it would be better then if one person calls him. The number is 626-358-1100. That way if any of us reach him we can get all the info.

The biggest question would be scheduling. I may be wrong but I think that they rent for the evening, like after for 4pm until 10pm. If we are to make this happen we need to find out which day we would have the most participants vs. the tracks availability.

I'm open to either Sat. or Sun. What about you all?
Old 06-29-2001, 17:18   #8 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

From what I understand their price covers the food, parade laps (I think you get 3-4), and admission for the races that night. Just admission is $15-35 depending on which series is there.

I doubt we can rent on Sat. evening, that's when they run the regular races & I have a schedule right here covering 52 weekends for the year.

I could go for either. I'll try calling early next week to bug them.
Old 07-03-2001, 19:21   #9 (permalink)
Scamper

That idea is:rocking: :rocking: :rocking: . I wish i thought of it:rolleyes:
Keep us posted I might have to drive 6 hours to hook it up with you guys:D( if I ever fix those :cussing: :cussing: motor mounts)
Old 07-05-2001, 20:30   #10 (permalink)
POC Mod/Probe GT Member

I have yet to come down to LA for a meet with SCPOC so keep us all posted. If it's a Saturday or Sunday then I'll have to ride down there.:thumbup:
http://www.bapoc.com
BAPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum