the VEILSIDE PROBE IS IN IRVINE! :) :) :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2001, 00:22   #1 (permalink)
Probe Member

the VEILSIDE PROBE IS IN IRVINE! :) :) :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I just got my car today!!!!

All my new stuff looks so awesome, Im so happy I cant stop smiling and I keep on laughing hahaha!

Ive passed customs and gotten all the documents showing it is okay to have my car in California. Ive already passed my roadtest so I have my US license.

Now I need to do 2 more things. SMOG check my car within 10 days, and then register it. registering will be no problem, you just go to the DMV and show them your paperwork and info, but you have to smog check the car before you can register it.

I know for a fact that my car will not pass smog check right now, because I dont pass in vancouver and california has a little stricter regulations than in vancouver.

my mechanic advanced my timing and i would pass with ease (almost zero emmsions) and then after I pass, he would change the timing back to normal because its not good for the car to drive around like that for long.

I need someone who knows a "friendly" smog checker in the area, or someone that knows how to advance my timing so I can take it to a smog checker and pass...

Does anyone want to take an hour of their time and meet up and help me ? :)
it would be much appreciated...

anyways ill be looking forward to hearing from you, ill take new pix and post them on saturday!

talk to ya soon!

-aaron
Monster Probe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2001, 01:05   #2 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

what you gotta do is jump the ten to ground in the diagnostic box, then you can adjust the timing with ease via the disty. 2 bolts to loosen and turn the disty to advance.
let me know if this make sense to you. i'll explain in detail if you need.
glad to hear your car is in cali, love to see it in person!

david
94silverpgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 09:37   #3 (permalink)

Now I need to find time to head to SoCal. Why couldnt you have moved to Norcal?? I want to see the car and meet you!
Old 09-21-2001, 18:47   #4 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

I'm out of town this weekend, but I can get in touch with my mechanic next week & see if we can get you in. That's the exact same trick he used to pull with my old Hyndai POS (good riddin's!) to get it smogged the last couple of times it needed it.

Besides that, he's used to PGT's--mine's been going there since 95 and there's two or three others he gets in.

If you can't wait:
The place is Fancisco's Automotive in H.B., 17552 Metzler 714-375-2661. To get there take the 405-N to Warner & make a left on Beach-S, then a right on Slater. It's the first left after the trin tracks (if you hit Gothard, you missed it). They're the second building on the left & have a sizable sign. Tell them Chris Laudermilk sent you. You want to talk to Francisco or Frank.

All of his business is word-of-mouth and I've never seen the place anything but swamped with work. They are up front with everyting & will only do additional work if you ok it.
Old 09-23-2001, 11:41   #5 (permalink)
Probe Member

claudermilk, dood THANK YOU. that is perfect, its exactly what I need. How about I wait for you to get back into town and next week we cruise on up? it would be cool if you could come with me and show me where it is and stuf, i get lost real easy around here =)

do u play starcraft, diablo? ill get you a copy of any game, just name it.

anyways, ill email you with my phone # and stuff, see if you are down.

thanks bro
-aaron
Old 09-24-2001, 18:01   #6 (permalink)

Monster here - RUN!!!!!!!!

:WH: um Diablo.......

I'm thinking we have one more for a network game. Woo Hoo!

Diablo2 that is.... for sure....

Its great to here your car is here cant wait to see it! :)

Toodles,
Stacey "The Racy One"

#526 STSL SCCA MEMBER/ Driver - Come get some!
Racy-Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 19:02   #7 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

I'm back. E-mailed you...but I got swamped debugging today...:( Didn't have time to call before he closed, I'll make sure to get him first thing tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2001, 21:47   #8 (permalink)
Probe Member

claudermilk, thanks so much bud. ill give u a call sometime this week and figure **** out..

stacy, do u really want a diablo 2? I can get one for u, I get a really good deal. :)
Old 09-25-2001, 11:04   #9 (permalink)

eek Need players not Game

No you dont have to get me one, I already have the game. I just was reacting to the possiblity that we could get some people together to play a network game some day.

Thanks anyway, but if this sounds like a good idea to you lets plan something.

Toodles.
Stacey_B

#526 STSL SCCA MEMBER/ Driver - Come get some!
Racy-Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 20:46   #10 (permalink)
Probe Member

I only play Starcraft and warcraft, i never got into diablo , and now i dont have time to learn/play.
if u wanna play some SC or WC2, lets rock :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum