VRIS [where to purchase] - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2004, 11:01   #1 (permalink)

VRIS [where to purchase]

I have a 94 Probe GT is showing a bad VRIS #1. I can't find anyone who sales these things. Can anyone point me in the right direction with a part number or different name that it goes by? Thanks in advance.

Contraband
contraband is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2004, 22:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: VRIS [where to purchase]

Have you tried Mazda or a junk yard ?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:31   #3 (permalink)

Tried the local Mazda dealership, but they don't have a clue and have not replied to me about finding one. I would rather not take the chance on a broke one from a junkyard. They look like they are made by mitsibishi with the mitsi emblem on them. Any opinions?

contraband
contraband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 22:58   #4 (permalink)

Variable Resonance Induction System (VRIS)

What is VRIS? This is a unique configuration of electromechanical gadgetry controlled by the Engine Control Unit (ECU) designed to optimize the airflow characteristics of the intake manifold at various engine RPM's, resulting in a smoother overall power output curve than a static intake manifold configuration would offer. The VRIS system opens and closes each of two solenoids as needed to actuate either of two sets of butterfly valves located within the intake manifold itself. The two valves offer 4 possible airflow configurations within a single manifold, each of which is "tuned" to be optimal for airflow at specific RPMs. As engine RPM changes the ECU changes the VRIS solenoids to reflect the optimal intake manifold configuration. The use of "resonance" refers to airflow characteristics that physically resonate through the intake routing into the cylinders. With increased velocity (from higher RPM), the optimal resonance changes; the VRIS is intended to adapt to these resonance changes.
NHPROBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 23:01   #5 (permalink)

i hope that helps you out the selinoids may be junk or it could just be a connection or a bad ecu most cases its bad connection good luck

chris
Old 02-03-2004, 23:17   #6 (permalink)

well ive look up more stuff on the vris and mitsubishi makes the part so try calling them
Old 02-20-2004, 03:59   #7 (permalink)
Fast but not Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPROBE
well ive look up more stuff on the vris and mitsubishi makes the part so try calling them
You should b ok with a second hand one .. But @ the end of the day it is just a 12v air solenoid just about any one will do.. put 12v on to the coil and it opens..
Old 02-21-2004, 05:35   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Mazparts Derby st Rosehill
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:34   #9 (permalink)
Fast but not Furious

or try something like this... click me

Last edited by Mr. Mx6; 02-25-2004 at 02:36. Reason: spellig DOH..lol
Mr. Mx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 14:42   #10 (permalink)

I had that on my 94 Probe too. Depending on the error code, the fix was as simple as replacing the solenoid. The parts are the same as the Telstar 2.5L V6, and also other Mazda 2.0L V6.
LordFordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum