This weeks weather forecast for Anchorage, Alaska! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2001, 04:17   #1 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

eek This weeks weather forecast for Anchorage, Alaska!

anchorage municipality to bird creek including glenn highway north to the first knik river bridge, seward highway south to bird point
500 PM AST MON DEC 3 2001

...wind chills 20 to 30 below Tuesday...

Tonight...skies becoming partly cloudy with low clouds and fog dissipating toward morning. Low zero to 20 below...coolest in outlying areas. Winds becoming north to 15 mph toward morning.

Tuesday...sunny and windy. High 10 above to 10 below. North winds 10 to 25 mph. Locally higher gusts near the inlet.

Tuesday night...clear and continued windy. Low zero to 15 below. North winds 10 to 20 mph.

Wednesday...sunny. High 10 above to 10 below.

Wednesday night...clear. Low zero to 20 below.

Thursday...sunny. High 10 above to 10 below.

Friday...partly cloudy. Low 10 above to 10 below. High zero to 20.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And it's ONLY December! January will be colder.
I hope my block heater/battery blanket works well tommorow with -20 to -30 degree windchills............ brrrrrrrrrrrr........

I LOVE IT

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2001, 04:34   #2 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Have you ever heard of Melbourne weather? Four seasons in one day!
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 04:37   #3 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

No but I will find out sooner or later when I go down on vacation........ :s6: Speaking of which, when is the best time to visit?

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 05:26   #4 (permalink)

That's a tough question to answer.

At the peak of summer, (i.e. mid to late Jan) the temp can get up to 43 degrees celcius which i think is way over 100 degrees fahrenheit. But at least it's dry heat, not humid.

Winters are cold (by our standards anyhow, not Anchorage's!) it gets to 7 - 10 degrees celcius during the day.

So, i reckon if you don't suffer hay fever, then Spring time is lovely in Melbourne (Sept-Nov). Autumn (fall) is also a very nice time to visit.

Melbourne weather gets a bad rap from other Australians (cos they're jealous!!) but it's a classy town.

In fact, come down during late February, we have the Tickford open day and I think LunaticSS is coming down. Tickford is the factory (hot) tuner of Aussie Fords.

There will be most of the regular Aussie FF people in Melbourne for the Tickford open day (Feb 25th, 2001 it's a Sunday). It would be great if you and LunaticSS could come down!
Old 12-04-2001, 08:48   #5 (permalink)
Hardcore GL Tuner

WOW

I guess I take California weather for granted... Not the best now, but nothing like that! Have fun in Aussie Land:) It's really a sweet ass place! Personally after being there for a month, I think parts of NZ have stranger weather than Melbourne:s5
But I did go there in our summer, your winter so...

Well, once again have a great time, and DAMN it's cold up there!
Old 12-04-2001, 13:34   #6 (permalink)
Probe 2C

Quote:
Originally posted by HP Dude
Have you ever heard of Melbourne weather? Four seasons in one day!
So Melbourne must be in Ohio :lol:
Old 12-04-2001, 14:47   #7 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Probe 2C

So Melbourne must be in Ohio :lol:
Best analogy I've seen in a long time!!! :s6: Melbourne footy fans are almost as loyal as Browns fans; Go those DAWGS!!
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 15:29   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Vulcan Power
No but I will find out sooner or later when I go down on vacation........ :s6: Speaking of which, when is the best time to visit?
Depends what you want to do.

If you're into summer things like beaches, surfing, skindiving etc, mid-Jan to early March is usually the warmest and best.

If you're into winter things, stay in Anchorage. Only way we get that weather is parachuting naked from 30,000 feet. There's reasonable skiing within a few hours of Melbourne, but I don't do it so I don't know the best season.

If you just want to see the town and tourist things, Spring is usually OK around late Sept, but weather often gets worse (colder, wetter, and windy) from late October and is still crap now, which is a unusual. April is usually good for decent weather without any extremes.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 17:05   #9 (permalink)

Re: WOW

Quote:
Originally posted by cybervampyre
I guess I take California weather for granted... Not the best now, but nothing like that! Have fun in Aussie Land:) It's really a sweet ass place! Personally after being there for a month, I think parts of NZ have stranger weather than Melbourne:s5
But I did go there in our summer, your winter so...

Well, once again have a great time, and DAMN it's cold up there!

It's not only the weather that's strange in New Zealand!!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 08:25   #10 (permalink)
Probe SE Member

God Bless the desert of Arizona...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum