What year 2nd Gen to people Prefer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2001, 12:22   #1 (permalink)
Big Daddy

Well i for one like the 95 best. lucky for me that's what i bought. i think it's a nice cross between the 93-94 and the 96-97.. maybe that's why it's in the middle :D
Part of the Andy's Autosports BAPOC Design Crew

Evil in training..
FLARE!!! do you know where it is??
tony95pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2001, 20:00   #2 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Ive heard people saying the 95s are the best. Dont ask me why, I think they said the 95s are the least problematic or something like that I dont remember. It all depends on the car if you ask me... I would prefer a 97 over a 95 if you ask me :).
Old 03-08-2001, 21:49   #3 (permalink)

The reasons people say the 95PGT is the best :
1.Rear brake calipers don't lock up, like they do for 93 and 94.
2. Only 2 O2 sensors, not three like the 96-97PGT.
3.Last year of the power antenna.
4.The last year one can read the engine codes from the check engine light.
5.Interior door panels are made better than the 93-94PGT.
6.Last year that all the dummy lights light up. Example, 96-97PGT have no door ajair light or anti-theft light.
7. One can put the 96 or 97PGT rear lights and GT reflector on the 95PGT.
8. No rear wiper option for the 96PGT.

Those are most of the reasons I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 22:53   #4 (permalink)
Probe Member

Smile

I would choose a 95 as well but mainly for one reason. The OBDI engine! I've heard that the 96-97 OBDII's are harder to work with :)
NEPO NEPO-Nj
Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 20:04   #5 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

Some People put down the 93-94 years. But honostly, I have had only the ebrake / valve cover leak problems with my 93 Gt (knocking on wood ) Plus the 93's have

head light UP switch
leather rapped shifter
they are a bit lower
:D
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 22:14   #6 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Good points Don, I had both a 93 and 94 PGTs at the same time (still kinda do but dont...), and the 94 looks like a truck compared to the 93, the difference is definitely noticable in height. The plastic shift knob looks cheap in the 94 and the leather is worn in the 93 (thats why I got MOMO). The headlight up switch I never used but it looks good on the dash it gives ya a more complete feeling when you look at it.
On the other hand the 94 has passenger side airbag too, and it doesnt have that ugly plastic trim line going around on top of the dash from one door to another across. Now that i couldnt stand.
The 94 never had a problem with the e-brake well but then again I never used it either. The 93 one side has been replaced the other one I never had to...
Performancewise, the 94 has like 58k miles vs 105999 (thats where it stopped for good...) on the 93, and the 93 was running better smoother and faster. It responded faster and it ran more balanced. Maybe its just the different set--up, or I dont know what but I liked the 93 a lot better, you could feel the difference right away.
I think most people buy 95-97 PGTs cuz they like the back bumper and the different taillights better.
Old 03-12-2001, 12:33   #7 (permalink)

My 94GT has a leather shift knob, it came with it when I bought it. I'd like to have a 93 2.5L engine, the heads are a little differant.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 13:00   #8 (permalink)
A-Team Member

1995 all the way
  • Cooler tail lights (better than 93-94)
  • Passenger side airbag (93 doesn't have one)
  • Cooler SE rims (better than 93-94 SE rims)
  • No air conditioning conversion need (93-94 does)
  • Chameleon Blue exterior (only available in 1995)
  • Bolt on aftermarket exhaust (96-97 cant)
  • No OB III sensor (96-97 has this)
ChargerGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 22:27   #9 (permalink)
Probe GT-AHOLIC

95 all the way...with a 95 se and 95 gt i cant go wrong...i get the best of both worlds!!!!
AspitFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 22:14   #10 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

Yeah,
Id say the '95 is the best....but i am bios....
Hey Steve we need to get together and take some pics.....any one else on the board have the same color besides us?
Deadwalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum