When you lower your car is it necessary to get aftermarket shocks with the springs? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2001, 22:19   #1 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

I know thats what they say, I just wanna hear more opinions on this. I know thats the smart thing to do while your there, but im doing a lot of things at the same time, and I only got the springs right now. And what if I kill the old shocks its not like I could use them anyhow...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2001, 22:47   #2 (permalink)

I say yes, change out your suspention. Especialy if you have over 60,000mi on your car. I have a set of springs as well, haven't put them own because I need new struts. :(

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 23:05   #3 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

What springs did you get? I got H&Rs, not too many people have them... I needed something not too low cuz of the sinsei, and these are only about 1.3" drop.
Old 03-15-2001, 03:56   #4 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

I am using H&R's as well. I am using them with KYB GR-2's, I recommend changing out the struts too, mine were completely trashed. Check out the drop that the H&R's did on my car here:

http://www.geocities.com/marcalanken...uspension.html

Peace!

Marc Kennedy

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 09:11   #5 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Nice, its not too low and not too high, just about perfect. The first gen H&R springs are different from the 2nd gen springs right? They are right, they have to be cuz its like a totally different car... Stupid question, but I saw the 1st gen H&Rs are also 1.3" drop...
Old 03-15-2001, 12:12   #6 (permalink)
A-Team Member

I agree that you should do it all. I have heard that it is a good idea to do it all from other probe kids.
ChargerGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:33   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ProbeBandit
What springs did you get? I got H&Rs, not too many people have them... I needed something not too low cuz of the sinsei, and these are only about 1.3" drop.
I have a set of Suspension Technics. Can't wait to put them on.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:48   #8 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

ST is LOW right? What is it 2"-2.25"? It will look nice...
Old 03-20-2001, 05:23   #9 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

definatly change the struts. The old stockers will not last very long. I use tokiko Illumina's, there great :)
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 11:03   #10 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

Red face

I know you guys are right, I just wanted to gain some time. Cant do it all now, and Im going crazy driving a Maxima while the Probe is under construction. I gotta get it together asap, I havent driven a probe since the accident last month (im addicted to speed...). Now if only my sinsei kit would finally get here!
I thought about Tokicos, the problem is I cant do the suspension before the body kit. What if its too low... Maybe its time for GC's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum