Where to lower my car in L.A.? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2002, 02:24   #1 (permalink)
96PGT

Question Where to lower my car in L.A.?

I am dropping my car with Sprint springs and I need to know where to get it done, any recomendations? I live in Culver City.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2002, 18:49   #2 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

The first step is to go to www.scpoc.com and sign up if you haven't already. Also, check the SCPOC forum here. Then get together with us & DIY it. I just installed my Illuminas & Eibachs a couple of months ago, and at least a couple of other club members have done it themselves.

It's really not that hard.
Old 01-24-2002, 22:52   #3 (permalink)
96PGT

Ok, I'm registered. I could totally use some help installing my springs...once I get them. I have not decided for sure what I am getting but I was thinking about Eibach. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 026.jpg (160.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-25-2002, 18:14   #4 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Well, I'm biased, but I'd say good choice--that's what I have (and what Damon has, his reccomendation is part of what made upo my mind--that and Stillen's sale on them at the time...)

Let me know when you're ready, I'll be happy to help. I may even be able to get my hands on an air compressor & impact wrench--that made my install sooo much easier!
Old 01-26-2002, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

yeah, but don't forget what happened with your strut mount chris.

that's a nice 96, i really like the color.

i chose the eibachs because i wanted a decent drop but i didn't want to have such a dramatic drop that i would have to worry about excessive negative camber or bottoming out when going through dips or over speed bumps. plus, the eibachs were known not to be as soft as the intrax. another option would be h&r springs, but i've heard mixed opinions about them.

regardless of what springs you go with, you should also go with a good set of performance struts. chris and i both have tokico illuminas. they're 5-way adjustable struts and they do come in handy when trying to dial in your suspension.

we can arrange a mod day so that you can get your gear installed. we're cheap and there are a few of us who have already done this install before. you will need to have the spring compressor though. also, remember to trim your bumpstops per the instructions included with the springs. it's very important that this step be taken, otherwise you will cause the strut to rebound sooner than it is supposed to.

welcome to the club.
Old 01-26-2002, 16:55   #6 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Well, I got them 75% perfekt :s2:

I dunno what happened, but my mechanic was able to get the nut the tighten down without resorting to tearing anything apart. I suspect a fluke mistake; but the good news is I have now learned how to do it properly. :s3
Old 01-28-2002, 02:26   #7 (permalink)
96PGT

well now I am having trouble finding where to but the springs and struts. what is a good combo, and where should I find them for a good price? when I decided that I wanted to drop my car I did not think it was going to cost $600.
Old 01-28-2002, 20:14   #8 (permalink)
SCPOC/Probe GT Member

Again, I'm biased, but I have the Tokico Illumina/Eibach combo & am very happy with it. But that's also one of the pricier combos, mainly due to the struts.

Try shox.com. They had the best prices I saw--that is until I scored the deals (springs on sale at Stillen in Costa Mesa, and struts on a PT bulk buy :s6: ).
Old 02-26-2002, 15:40   #9 (permalink)
POC Mod/Probe GT Member

checkout www.probeparts.com for the best price listings.
http://www.bapoc.com
BAPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 17:02   #10 (permalink)
KillerPGT

right now I only have Intrax springs and stock struts at the moment. I will say that the ride is good but will be better once I get aftermarket struts. But i havent had a problem with the Intrax's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum