will door assemblies with power acc. swap onto probes without? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2001, 20:30   #1 (permalink)
Agent SE

Question will door assemblies with power acc. swap onto probes without?

what up,

I was wondering if complete door assemblies from a 94 base Probe would swap onto my 93? The reason I'm asking is because the 94's have power windows and locks, and my 93 doesn't. So would the power windows and locks work if I bolted the doors on and plugged in the harness in the jamb? Thanks for any advice.

--Agent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2001, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
FastProbeSE1

they will but it is alot of work wireing it up if you want to use the power windows
Old 11-28-2001, 21:49   #3 (permalink)
One Winged Angel

I'm going to work on this project soon. Anyone have a picture of a door with power window sssembly? I want to compare it to mine.
"It's been said that everything in the universe is fundamentally composed of energy. What we think of as matter is really nothing more than a certain type of energy. And since energy cannot be created or destroyed but merely transferred, some speculate that living beings never truly die. Their life energy is simply returned to the universe in its simplest form." FFVII
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 07:31   #4 (permalink)
BryanPendleton

I believe you will have to cut mounting holes in your panels to accomodate the window and lock controls. . .

Thats just extra weight though. . . . eeewwwwwww!

:s5
Old 11-29-2001, 09:50   #5 (permalink)
97 Probe SE

I've become under the impression that ANYTHING can be done with a Probe, it's just that it require either LOTS of money, LOTS of time, or actually, lots of BOTH.

I'll bet you could pull it off!

Soon enough, I am going to be doing a little wiring excursion of my own. I'm going to attempt to wire up the "Headlight Up" button off of a totaled 93 SE. As you might (or might not) know, the wiring for the swicth in a 97 is not there. I am going to attempt to run some of the factory wires (off the 93) through the dash, and plug them into where they originally go!

If anyone has EVER did this before, or has any idea how to, let me know how it went! hopefully, I won't gank this up too bad.
stavesacre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 10:28   #6 (permalink)
BryanPendleton

I looked into that several years ago. . . In fact I believe I have the switch still. . . .

Couldn't do it now, as my boost controller took place of three of the false buttoms, leaving me with no free spots.
Old 12-02-2001, 14:32   #7 (permalink)
97 Probe SE

Do you mean that you DID run the wires, and got it to work, or you just bought the switch? Or maybe that you just looked into it, but never actually did it?
stavesacre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 21:43   #8 (permalink)
Probe Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FastProbeSE1
they will but it is alot of work wireing it up if you want to use the power windows
Hmmm, I'm curious what the harness in the doorjam is for??

93 Probe 2.0 atx---Calypso Green, 30+ mpg
98 Buick Regal GS---14.34@95.6, a few cheap mods, but still w/stock 7.5lbs boost
72 Buick GS455---12.71@108, 4000lb. race weight
67 Chivvy Camaro RS/SS---7.88 1/8 mile in street trim, all motor
QuikBuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 13:13   #9 (permalink)
One Winged Angel

Me too... That's why I wanna see a pic of the interior of a door with p/w
"It's been said that everything in the universe is fundamentally composed of energy. What we think of as matter is really nothing more than a certain type of energy. And since energy cannot be created or destroyed but merely transferred, some speculate that living beings never truly die. Their life energy is simply returned to the universe in its simplest form." FFVII
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum