Woo-hoo, Webber is BACK! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2001, 18:07   #1 (permalink)
Resident Genius

Thumbs up Woo-hoo, Webber is BACK!

Well, although I was dreamingly waiting for that Chris Webber for Kobe Bryant trade, I got the second best thing, and that is having C-webb re-signing with the team.

He may have done it for the money, or for a lack of options, but the bottom line is that a 55-game winning team is coming back not only intact, but better through the addition of Mike Bibby.

Look for the Kings to grab the #2 spot in the West in '01-'02 and take the Lakers the distance in the Conference Finals!

Go Kings!

95 Probe GT - the 007 version - smooth and refined.
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2001, 20:18   #2 (permalink)
Scamper

*****Sniff......Sniff****** I smell a Championship brewing:D
Kings Rule!!! (pardon the pun)
Old 07-21-2001, 01:58   #3 (permalink)
Mazda MX6 Member

Now we're talkin!!! I'm just learning about cars, but basketball.....ah....my forte!!

I lost $10.00 in a bet that webber would go to the magic.....

Just think....HIll, mcGradey, webber.....had a nice ring to it.....oh well if hill & Mcgradey mesh well (whitch i think they will because hill is so unselfish {sign of a great player: makes teamates better...took ****** 7 years to learn...took hill 0) then the magic should be a force to recon with in the east!!

I'm not a big kings fan, but a respecter of Webber and with him not going to orlando I'll atleast get to see him play more than once a year :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Scamper
Championship?? Not yet.....not yet....they win 2 against lakers in the playoffs this year and go home happy campers....

(bibby was a great trade for the kings)

Greddy Exhaust, Custom CAI, K&N, Vitek Wires, NGK Plugs, Neon Green Hose Tech Kit, Neon Green Manifold and VC's, Pheno's, TSW 17" VX1 Rims, Low Profile Tires, Custom Switch Pannel, Black Lights, Pioneer Day Night Deck, and(Ready to be installed) NOS Kit 5122 and Walbro 255!! (Walbor's in...now it's TIME for the juice :D)

"Drive it like you stole it !"
Rdiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 10:45   #4 (permalink)
Resident Genius

I dunno, I'm kinda worried about Orlando stockpiling talent - they went 41-41 witha bunch of nobodys...and then got a very disappointing 2 game improvement this year after adding McGrady (hill doesn't count, since he was out most of the year)...

I expect the Kings to rise up during the season, and look for them to give the Lakers a run for their money, especially if the KIngs can retain home-court advantage throughout the playoffs. Losing home-court in the last week of the season was a mental blow to the team as well - a Pacific Division Championship would have meant a lot to the city. Oh well, there's always next year :)

Old 07-23-2001, 10:19   #5 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Quote:
um, that's actually :BS: you smell.

the kings will NOT be the team to dethrone the lakers, regardless of whether or not they keep webber.

the team does not play defense and they have to pick pedja up after the job fox did on him. getting punked 4-0 did not help their confidence either. vlade needs to step up and be a man. stop flopping. getting rid of jason williams was the first smart thing the club did this off-season. the second was re-signing webber. no matter. the lakers will still be the team to beat out west, regardless of the seed they get!

heh heh heh. :D
Old 07-23-2001, 10:37   #6 (permalink)
Resident Genius

wow, I am finding myself agreeing 100% with damon....must be a monday :D

Yes, Peja found out what the NBA playoffs are all about. The Kings will probably win the Pacific this year, but will not go past the Lakers in the playoffs. Vlade DOES need to stop flopping and falling down - he's 7'1" for crying out loud!!! Too bad Adelman isn't a defensive mastermind, or else the rest of the league would be in trouble. Besides Bibby/Webber, I think the best thing the team did is re-sign Christie - if Webber could D up a little he'd be a true superstar....

But let me tell you, no matter what, it sure feels better to get 55 wins a year and go out in the 2nd round than lose 55 each year... :thumbdown:

Old 07-23-2001, 21:43   #7 (permalink)
Scamper

I will not get involved with this petty bickering:D
Kings rule Lakers druel:p
Old 07-23-2001, 23:35   #8 (permalink)
Resident Genius

That's a good fan, Scamper! :thumbup::damack:

Old 07-24-2001, 00:15   #9 (permalink)
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez

Quote:
I will not get involved with this petty bickering:D
Kings rule Lakers druel:p
the lakers drool?

uhhh?

over what!? webber? pffft! certainly not over mike bibby, funderburke, peja, vlade (the marlboro man), or turkoglu. sheesh! :rolleyes:

what's that i see? ANOTHER banner being hung in the rafters of the staples center!? it's only been open TWO frickin' years and they're putting up their SECOND championship banner!

come back and talk smack when the royals, errrr, kings win an NBA title.

:fmad:
Old 07-24-2001, 00:54   #10 (permalink)
Resident Genius

I think they may be drooling over their new jewelry....:D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum