ze,turbo,manualatx,nitrous - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Probe and Mazda MX6.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2002, 18:19   #1 (permalink)
Mike C.

Thumbs up ze,turbo,manualatx,nitrous

if a certain somebody i know wins his her lawsuit in a few months i may be able to get all this.

klze
thomas night single turbo maybe twin
bullet proof atx tranny
manual overide computer
nitrous

can i be in the 11's or 12's (meaning the fastest probe in the u.s.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2002, 17:04   #2 (permalink)
Mike C.

ok gang i just moved here from pt but it seems you peeps aint discussing much around here. just today alone pt has 20 new posts and ff has 1. i'm thinking of goin back
Old 01-13-2002, 21:19   #3 (permalink)

Why not be on both boards ? One is for all Fords, the other is for Probe, MX-6, and 626. Anyway are you going to have the ZE rebuilt ? If you do all of that you should be in the 12's, maybe high 11's.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:47   #4 (permalink)
Gear Masta

ATX??

Where you gona put a turbo in an ATX??? plus you should combind you KLZE with the KL03 cause the compression in the KL03 is more turbo freidnly and you get more power out of KL03 istons!!! figue maybe 185-190 HP with KLZE using 03 pistons... get boost for about 275-280 HP and say safely a 50 shot.... 12 anyways!!! GOtta find a place for the turbo to mount though!!!

Ben
Old 01-14-2002, 09:55   #5 (permalink)

Re: ATX??

Quote:
Originally posted by PGT95
Where you gona put a turbo in an ATX??? plus you should combind you KLZE with the KL03 cause the compression in the KL03 is more turbo freidnly and you get more power out of KL03 istons!!! figue maybe 185-190 HP with KLZE using 03 pistons... get boost for about 275-280 HP and say safely a 50 shot.... 12 anyways!!! GOtta find a place for the turbo to mount though!!!

Ben
Good point, forced induction hates high compression engines.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 10:33   #6 (permalink)

Take your KL03 and rebuild it with forged pistons (9.5 to 1 compression or so) and get forged rods and have everything balanced extremely well. Port your heads and intake manifold, and gasket match them. Get some nice long duration camshafts. Upgrade your fuel system, and install a T04 turbo, with all of it's necessary components. Also upgrade your ignition. 3 inch exhaust. Do some suspension work, and get 8 inch wide slicks. Dump the ATX, install a 5 speed with a 6 puck clutch and a lightened flywheel.

Then you can pray that your transmission won't break.

After all that, you'll hit your goal. I wouldn't get the TKT turbo though, I would just do a little research and buy the components myself. You'll have to have some items custom made and stuff, but it will still be higher quality and most likely cheaper, not to mention it will perform better. I haven't really heard anything good about the TKT turbo kits for probes.

I'm "Duddy" on Probetalk.
Armon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Probe Forum | Mazda MX6 Forum