$0.71 US cents per L (03/10/05) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 21:20   #1 (permalink)

$0.71 US cents per L (03/10/05)

In another part of the site Freshmeat posted his fuel price that he paying, I did some quick maths and have a look at this:

$2.67 USD devide by 3.76L (1 Gallon) = $0.71 US cents per L
$0.71 US cents is equal to $0.54 Australian cents per L

Do not know quite what to say about this, either my maths really sucks, or someone is ripping us off big time. How could there be so much of a differance?
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2005, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
XW GT

Re: $0.71 US cents per L (03/10/05)

Money Grubbing Governments Mate, Only Explaination.
Dont We Pay Like 50% Tax On The Fuel Anyway, Not Sure If This Is True But Might Be
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 22:54   #3 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

americans pay equivilent of 54cents australian a ltr as a gallon contains four ltrs. and here we are paying $1.20 a ltr they get over twice the fuel for what we pay and they get angry coz they pay heaps try and live over here u yanks and suport a family its all right for you pricks to start a few wars to get more fuel. make me sick
libbys_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 22:56   #4 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

hey there government taxes them on fuels as much as they do but yet there fuel is 50% cheaper just shows how gets all the cheap fuel. they get there cake and eat it too
libbys_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:00   #5 (permalink)

Libbys_XF: First of all, Shut the :censored: up!!

Cou78p's math WAS off. I corrected it in the original post. We're paying the equivalent of $.95/L in Australian money- not $.50.

...and where do you get off calling us pricks? You're the quick-to-conclusion individual who took absolutely no time to lose your respectability over a few numbers (miscalculated, at that).

If we had started the war to take over the oil industry, we'd have taken over the oil industry. We went in there to take out the leaders and that's what we did- now, we're helping rebuild an entire nation because they have absolutely no infrastructure out there and if we don't remain until their forces are built up to defend themselves, another militaristic leader will rise up just as Hussein did.

Prices of Australian oil is between Australia and the oil providers. America takes in a lot of oil because we use it. We don't sell oil to Australia, last I checked, so don't blame us for your prices. You want to change the prices? Join up with Cou78p in his quest to get to the bottom of who's spiking the prices. Maybe then, you'll actually learn a thing or two about the industry, at which point you can return and apologize for pointlessly disrespecting an entire nation over some misunderstood information.

There was absolutely no need for you to go into your little rant on the wartime crises and acting as though we all pretend to be helpless over the cost of fuel.

I am a single father supporting myself and my son (along with over $400/month in child support alone- that's over $533 in your dollars, according to the provided translation chart). Don't talk to me about supporting families. Translate the costs and we're not paying much less than you for most things- Australian money simply doesn't hold the same value as an American dollar. For the things on which we do pay less, it's most likely because we have more industrial support than Australia.

You're a bad representation of your country, I must say. Chill out and learn a few things before you jump to conclusions. You make me sick.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 17:41   #6 (permalink)

So there you go my maths does suck, sorry if I turned some figures around, it happens. Look from my point of view this was never to upset anyone about who they are or where they live Australia USA or any other country, this was and is simply to bring to the attention of the local people and local Goverment that there are people that are hurting out there because of the price of fuel. I have good friends that live in the USA and in other parts of the world and have been working on this for some time and have pics from all around the world, and am trying to fill two pages as well as the front page of the paper.If you want to help out then thanks if you dont that is fine too, but please this is not an an atack on anyone at all so I would like if we did not take that line. Thank you again to those that would like to be apart of what I am doing, and to those that have taken the time to read this for what it is.
Old 10-04-2005, 18:45   #7 (permalink)

As I told you in the other post (re-stating, for those who don't wander the entire forum), I'm not bothered by it, just wanted to defend what I believe is a great nation. I'm done with Libbys, now.

I'll work on those pics, but if you ever get anywhere on it, I'm flying to Australia and you're going to show me around town and explain to me why all these cars are labelled with letters and not names... not to mention showing me what these Clevelands can do. I've never seen a built Clevo in action.

Oh- and you gotta show me a couple of good bars... or do you call them pubs down there?

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 18:54   #8 (permalink)

Pubs, Bars, watering holes, call them all kind of names just dont ever call me late to one. Your on about everything else, always happy to show people around the place. Do some fishing, drinking, driving, not in that order. Door is always open.
Old 10-10-2005, 18:51   #9 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

Driving, Drinking, Fishing (I thought I'd actally put it in order)

Or: Drinking, get driven, Fishing

We had a price spike to $AUD 1.40/L for unleaded (1.50+ for premium) a couple of weeks ago, but it has settled to around $1.30/L now.

Petrol pricing is a funny thing eh.

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub