1000 Posts & 23000km later… - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2003, 04:13   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

1000 Posts & 23000km later…

Well, I’ve been thinking about my 1000th post for a while now. I think it’s a significant milestone, and it’s certainly been a year of enough change in my life that it deserves a long-winded homage of almost Russell proportions :s6: (Sorry Russ).

I joined Ford Forums on the 30/07/02. I can’t remember if this was just before or just after the scoop pics of the VY Commode were posted, but I seem to remember that it was around that time with the burst of publicity and members it garnered.

Having never been one to frequent message boards or IRC or things like that, it was something of a revelation to find an entire online community of people who liked Fords – just like me. I’d found a place were I didn’t have to hang my head in shame as the Holden loving mates bagged the Hell out of me for loving the blue oval.

It was a handy resource at the time. A new job and better pay meant I was in the process of shopping for a new car, and could finally afford the Falcon I’d always wanted. Watching and communicating with local members, this quickly evolved into the quest for a soon to be released BA, then as more details were released and prices announced, the grasping leap to shoe-horn my budget into an XR6 at any cost.

The car was ordered 1st week in October; delivered 2nd week in November, and today – 23650km later – I’m still rapt with the thing.

Perhaps more importantly, with FordForums, I’ve found a community of people – some of whom I now feel privileged to be able to call friend – that share a joy for their car and a passion for their car related activities that makes you feel welcome and accepted.

Certainly with a community as large as this it’s not always sweetness and light – I’ve had my share of run-ins and differences in opinion, but with a few notable exceptions it’s remained civil and in some cases thought provoking.

Some people deserve a special mention and thanks;

Strider, XH & 3Toed – the original co-conspirators in 3FB. In the past 14 months it’s safe to say we’ve had more fun and laughs that I’d had in the previous 5 years.

Choppsy, Blurter, Bluedriver, Vinno, XR6HP01, Mother Nature, DK and all the others who’ve participated in and contributed to a 3FB event that we’ve organized. Both on the forums and in real life it’s been a pleasure to know and associate with you.

Darkhorse – the world’s slowest P-Plater and ‘Mr Bodykit’. Mesh bandit extraordinaire and responsible for more ™ moments than any sig in history – you are unique.

Laminge – For proving you can be a nice guy with one of the best cars and still be the most hated Victorian since Eddie Maguire (It must be a NSW vs VIC thing)

Sparkles – for proving beyond a reasonable doubt that stripes are a good thing, used car values suck and that there’s no such thing as the perfect job (But at least the house is nice).

Russ – for the parts help, the stats and the IRC kicks – thanks.

LunaticSVT – for providing the whole box & dice.

The FF IRC crowd – Too numerous to mention, and always full of enough crap to bring on a laugh (even when they don’t mean to).

AussiePete – as a HAD owner I have nothing bad to say about you – but as you own a leaf sprung ute that cost more than a GT-P, nothing nice either :s6:

JC, Falkeen, HOTBDZ and the AU boys – no one would have believed an AU could look good if we hadn’t seen your thread and looked at your cars.

Uncle Geoff, Happy Jack and every Ford employee who posts – no other company has the balls, let alone the brains, to connect with the fans at this level – keep up the good work.

The early E-series boys – for courage and perseverance in the face of overwhelming condescension, and the class not to point out the even the EA was better loved than the AU (Hey Strider – those rub strips really suck )

I’m sure there are many more I could or should mention, but quite frankly I can’t remember everyone’s name as I sit here and type this.

But to everyone here, and more importantly, everyone who’s bothered to read all the way through this long-winded ramble, give yourselves a pat on the back. This IS the best & most diverse Ford community forum around, and that’s a credit to the owners, the moderators and most importantly the members in general.

I look forward to the next 1000 posts, and the interaction with more members (old and new) that this will bring. I look forward to the increasing activities of 3FB, with the Bathurst 24hr & the Canberra joint NSW/VIC event to name just a couple, the next FPV day, Marcos Ambrose winning the championship for SBR and all the other things that make us come out and join together to celebrate the one thing we have in common – a genuine love of the Blue Oval.

So for the 1000th time,

Cheers
Jason.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2003, 04:20   #2 (permalink)

Way to go JR . Roll on the next 1000
Old 09-03-2003, 04:23   #3 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Glad you are enjoying your stay JR. It's good to have you on board.

Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:23   #4 (permalink)
gone

Re: 1000 Posts & 23000km later…

JR

Its been nothing but pure pleasure to read and respond to many of your posts.

/me takes the said award with pride knowing that he has caused a stir in the Ford Community!

Last edited by laminge; 09-03-2003 at 04:28.
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:27   #5 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Congrats Jase .........

Look forward to then next 1000 posts

Bugga you have posted a lot .......post wh0re

I haven't got that close yet .......been here a lot longer too

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 15:39   #6 (permalink)
Crikey

Congrats on the 1000th post JR ,you've almost bought a tear to my eye . We really do have something special with the 3FB commraderie and FF don't we.
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 16:17   #7 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Awesome post Jase. I echo many of your thoughts about the site and the members. Such a great place to discuss what we all have a common interest in.
Old 09-03-2003, 16:41   #8 (permalink)
I am The Brain

You have been busy JR! I joined around the same time I think (either commodore spy pics or falcon pics) and I have only posted a measly 318 times
Old 09-03-2003, 19:22   #9 (permalink)
Village Idiot

hmmm i didnt even realisewhen i had passed 1000.

Good on ya
2nd EF GLi, 'custom' interior, extractors, exhuast
3rd EA Fairmont 5spd, low'd, extractors, exhuast, head
work, 3.45LSD, EL dash, interior+ El ECU
4th EB2 Fairmont, EL dash and interior, BBM, LSD etc etc
5th EB Fairmont Ghia 5L. All leather, lowered, exhaust etc
EFJase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 00:20   #10 (permalink)
walking power

Great post mate, couldnt have described the forums better myself.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub