1st test v South Africa starts today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2001, 12:55   #1 (permalink)

1st test v South Africa starts today

This will be a huge test for the boys. SA only have to draw the series to take the number 1 position. The boys aren't in the best of form, but are at their best when their backs are against the wall.

Good luck
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2001, 13:09   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Ahhh you beat me to it Ian..

Should be a good game too. Hopefully the weather will piss off so we can watch the to best test nations in the world slug it out.
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 13:22   #3 (permalink)

Sorry
Old 12-14-2001, 13:53   #4 (permalink)

Australia 272/6 after the first day. Given the start we had one would probaby say SA took the dosh on the first day. Middle order failed yet again. Hopefully the last four can pile on another 130 odd today.
Old 12-14-2001, 18:36   #5 (permalink)
Tickford Ruled; FPV Rocks

Thumbs up

Langer has been very impressive, hasn't he! (three centuries I think so far this summer)
HP Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 18:52   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by HP Dude
Langer has been very impressive, hasn't he! (three centuries I think so far this summer)
yeah and he ran my man out too.

Looking at what has happened this morning they have recovered some what so that is good stuff
Old 12-14-2001, 18:55   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Going into lunck we are looking pretty good, looking at another 400+ score... imagine what would happen if all out batsmen were able to fire at the same time for a change rather than having the middle order slumps we have been having :crazy1:
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 18:56   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING
Going into lunck we are looking pretty good, looking at another 400+ score... imagine what would happen if all out batsmen were able to fire at the same time for a change rather than having the middle order slumps we have been having :crazy1:

absolutely. makes one wonder how long they will put up with the middle order collapses
Old 12-14-2001, 19:07   #9 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2

absolutely. makes one wonder how long they will put up with the middle order collapses
I guess it is ok as long as we stay winning/competitive, but it does put a lot of pressure on themselves when you get a decent score from the opposition like happened in perth, might be about time to give the team a bit of a freshen up to try and stop the collapses though in my opinion
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 19:11   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by DONUT KING

I guess it is ok as long as we stay winning/competitive, but it does put a lot of pressure on themselves when you get a decent score from the opposition like happened in perth, might be about time to give the team a bit of a freshen up to try and stop the collapses though in my opinion
agree, but when you look around at the state scene maybe another factor we haven't mentioned is that there aren't many inform middle order players about at the minute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub